Maschine Studio VS Mikro comparisons

CRS
CRS Member Posts: 19 Member
edited February 2023 in Maschine

I used to have a MaschineStudio. I spent an awful lot of time learning modes and methods basically a workflow that worked for me. I'm a little slow and it took me a long time. Just when I felt I had it and found myself in a creative mode it crashed and never came back.

I could only afford a Maschine mikro and its been frustrating because all my hard work is practically useless on it. Missing a lot of features I was used to. years later I still can't get into that creative groove I discovered. That MaschineStudio brought a lot of joy to me. This Maschine Mikro is depressing. Still I carry on.

Maschine finally has a backup for crashed projects is the only positive. I lost so much good stuff in the past.

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

It is possible to buy secondhand Maschine Studio. Or Maschine Mk3 is much closer to Studio than Mikro Mk3....

I have the both Studio and Maschine MK3. I could not use Mikro as it would drive me crazy. For those that are used to Studio, it is not the way to go...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023

What happened with your Studio?

A Mikro VS a Studio is a gigantic leap in functionality, especially if you have the Mikro-Mk3, it's really so far apart you can't even compare the two. From what I see, most people that own Mikros-mk3 either use it as a generic Pad player for their DAW or do minimal stuff in Maschine-SW... That tiny screen is a nightmare, it should come with a magnifying glass included.

A used Mk3 goes for about 400$, if that's too much for you then get a used MK2, you can get those for like 100-200$ used which is cheaper or the same price as a brand new Mikro-MK3 and does sooooo much more.

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor

I agree on picking up a used Mk3 - coming from the studio at first i felt like things were missing but eventually i realized it had basically everything the studio did..

The only thing i still miss is shift-NUDGE-wheel to move notes a little bit

• CRS
    CRS Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2023

Because of what happened to my well taken care of MaschineStudio right after an update to the software I decided to never spend more of that amount of money with NI. That's how I ended up with the MIKRO. I appreciate the responses. I could probably fix it. I just don't think I should have to. I scrapped it so I'm not asking for anything. Just expressing myself. How do I delete this community account? I don't use it the way you intended.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

An update broke it? Im so confused rn...

I don't think users can delete accounts, you'd have to ask an admin. I'd just sign out personally.

If you want I can delete this thread for ya.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

What do you mind by “I don’t use in the way you (NI?) intended?”

I’m curious as user.

Thanks and hope you can fix your issue with that Mstudio