Which NI product do you recommend me? For guitar & voice + some base

RodJF
RodJF Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi, I've been using Guitar Rig 3 for years now, quite happy for my guitar alone. I've begun recently to add my voice with a micro and managed quite well to drive both inputs together to record and output OK (live). Now, I would like to go further add some tracks (basic drums, bass, another guitar), either synthesized or played, and begin to do some production and master myself, cut and paste, repeat, filter and so on, sort of "GarageBand" stuff. I guess which would be the best NI product for begginers. Maybe Komplete 14 Select would be OK? Thank you very much for your guidance. And very new at making my own music. Regards.

Best Answers

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Answer ✓

If you don't own a keyboard, they have many that come with Komplete Select. You can also download Komplete Start for 'FREE', which is an amazing set of instruments to get you going.

• RodJF

Thank you Gee_Flat! No, I don't have a keyboard, and I would need on. I didn't know Komplete Start, I will begin trying it. Thank you very much!

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

You can't do much with Komplete Start without a keyboard. Use the mouse on the Kontakt virtual keyboard and also, Kontakt can be configured in the settings to use your computer keyboard, but not for recording.

• RodJF

I understand, thank you!