volume reverting to zero

jmbalich
jmbalich Member Posts: 23 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

I set my track volumes (in Kontakt) while the music plays. when i stop the playback, and subsequently hit "play", the volume sliders revert to zero or an extremely low value. I reset them, and upon playback the revert again......anyone else experience this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

OK, First, check the Midi Clip Controller Lane (in Piano Roll View) for any Midi CC#7 (Volume) event changes.

you can also change some Midi Preferences to see if these are causing the issue. See screenshot...Uncheck any of those items to see if it corrects the problem. CbB has both Reset Controllers and Lookback (Event Chase on Play)

Answers

• Blindeddie
    edited February 2022

What DAW are you using? It sounds like a Controller reset message being sent or you have CC7 (channel Volume) event at the beginning of the track.

• jmbalich
    jmbalich Member Posts: 23 Member

BandLab/Cakewalk..........Windows ten

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

OK, First, check the Midi Clip Controller Lane (in Piano Roll View) for any Midi CC#7 (Volume) event changes.

you can also change some Midi Preferences to see if these are causing the issue. See screenshot...Uncheck any of those items to see if it corrects the problem. CbB has both Reset Controllers and Lookback (Event Chase on Play)