Saving playlists ON Traktor DJ 2 iOS

joeb3651
joeb3651 Member Posts: 7 Member

Hey folks,

Been search and searching, is there a way to create AND save a playlist on the iOS version of Traktor DJ 2?

I'm doing a little Xmas show with about 15 Xmas songs. I have to reload the queue over and over and over. Sure would be nice if there was a way to create playlists on Traktor DJ 2 iOS.

Since I haven't found any mention anywhere I'm assuming no.

Also, how do I delete playlists on the iPad?

Thanks in advance,

Joe B

Tagged:

Comments

• Marcal303
    Marcal303 Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Hi Joe,

As far as I know, the only way to manage playlists in the iOS version of Traktor DJ 2 is through a Mac and the Music App (what was iTunes).

I have all my music on my Mac; I manage, create and delete playlists in the Music App. I can also set the cue of the tracks or sort them alphabetically for Artist, Track name, and year among others. Once you're set, plug with the USB cable your iPad to the Mac and sync. The same setup of your Mac will be applied to your iOS device and Traktor DJ 2. The same applies to deleting playlists.

It's not as handy as having the option built into iOS Traktor DJ 2, but at least you have the option, and it's not the end of the world to do it that way—as long as you own a Mac, of course.

Hope it helps,

Best

• joeb3651
    joeb3651 Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi Marcal303,

Thank you for the response! At the time I posted this I was still on iTunes because I was afraid upgrading the OS (10.14.6) would break things. I finally had to take the baby-step of moving to 10.15.7 which did break some things but also gave me access to the Music App which has helped considerably, exactly as you have outlined.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Best,

Joe B