What about Mapping the S11 ??

Nobbi
Nobbi Member Posts: 36 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor
New Forum..... the old questions , :)>:)

Comments

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    I hear ya. I really want a battle mixer that will really work well with Traktor.
  • Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    Doing it yourself is probably the quickest option. And it is not as difficult as many people think. 
  • Scratch-E Con
    Patch said:
    I hear ya. I really want a battle mixer that will really work well with Traktor.
    What is your definition of 'working well'? 
  • Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    All of the mixers functions working properly. Onboard FX all working. LEDs working properly. We had multiple threads about this on the old NI forum…
  • Scratch-E Con
    Patch said:
    All of the mixers functions working properly. Onboard FX all working. LEDs working properly. We had multiple threads about this on the old NI forum…

You will get everything to work just fine except for post fader FX. Also the display won't be of much use so from that perspective if you want to use the mixer mostly for Traktor it makes more sense to buy an S7.
  • Nobbi
    i still bought the s11. It works fine with serato. But... i am a Traktor User since the begin... and my database has grown over many years.
    So can anyone sell me a mapping for the s11. Thanks for help  :)
  • Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Patch said:
    I'm sure we've been over this before but I'm interested to know why the Z2 does not work for you ?
  • Nobbi

No Interest here for this combination 🤷

• WilliamThaKonqueror
    WilliamThaKonqueror Member Posts: 17 Member

I currently have a Pioneer S7, I'm slowly learning how to use Serato, but I would much rather use Traktor. I have this Pioneer DJMS9 map that works pretty good with Traktor but I would really love if someone did a Traktor Map for the S7.

I'm at the point where I would considering trading in my S7 for a brand new Z2 but I feel like the S7 is built more tougher than the Z2...

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Work in progress :)

• Nobbi

i am very excited 😉✌️

• markski
    markski Member Posts: 26 Helper

Better faders, dual sound card/laptop support, bigger/more performance pads, built in hardware FX. These are all the reasons I purchased an s9 but mainly that cross fader.

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    edited January 2022

@WilliamThaKonqueror I've never used the S7 so I cannot speak to its build quality but my Z2 is about to go past 200 gigs and it has been loaded/unloaded from the van all over the UK and is rock-solid. No complaints about build quality here.

@markski Yeah, I understand the Z2 has drawbacks in terms of functionality - I have a list of 'wants' myself.

I guess the S9 and Rane 70/72 came after and took advantage of that. For me the biggest drawback is the lack of a 2nd mic input and better, separate mic channels. I predominantly use the Z2 for wedding DJ these days and 2 mics would be a big bonus.

The reason I would never buy a Pioneer mixer is they seem utterly incapable of including a USB hub on them.

• Nobbi

But the S11 has a USB Hub 😉