Options
Justerini
Justerini Member Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

Hi all

Windows 10 OS

Platform is studio 0ne 5.5

Midi Controller - Alesis Q88 MKII

Issue is when I select any Vintage organ example Born to be Wild it defaults to -21.8db

this is happening for all the Vintage Organ presets I select it defaults to -21.8db

If I change that in the DAW to 0db manually in the DAW after playing a few notes and chords it resets back to -21.8db automatically after a few notes I play

This is without me using the volume controller on my midi controller

It happens with all the Vintage organs - extremely frustrating as I set it to 0db start recording my organ tracks and suddenly reverts back to -21.8db - very low volume mid recording

All other Native Instrument DAW I load automatically set to 0dB and works fine

Start - 21.8db

Change to 0dB

after a few notes played while recording then resets to -21.8db

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Andrew

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Andrew,

Maybe this is related to this: KONTAKT's Volume Resets When I Press Play in my DAW

Other than that, can you reproduce the issue without any controller connected ? You can check if there are unwanted MIDI assignments in Kontakt by right clicking the volume slider, choose remove if there was an assignment:

You can aslo check in the MIDI assignment editor here there are no such assignments:

Check if that also happens in Kontakt in standalone. If it only happens in Studio One, check the MIDI settings.

• Justerini
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Jeremy

In the Controller tab, I've disabled the option Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan and it seems to be the fix - appreciate the help -

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Andrew,

Maybe this is related to this: KONTAKT's Volume Resets When I Press Play in my DAW

Other than that, can you reproduce the issue without any controller connected ? You can check if there are unwanted MIDI assignments in Kontakt by right clicking the volume slider, choose remove if there was an assignment:

You can aslo check in the MIDI assignment editor here there are no such assignments:

Check if that also happens in Kontakt in standalone. If it only happens in Studio One, check the MIDI settings.

• Justerini
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Jeremy

In the Controller tab, I've disabled the option Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan and it seems to be the fix - appreciate the help -