Removing unused VSTs from KK 49 Browser

glyngad
glyngad Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all,

how do I remove unused or demoed VST's so that they do not show up in my KK S49 MK 2 screen when I am in the Browser view.

Many thanks,

Glyn.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer ✓

@glyngad Once you uninstalled the said plug-ins and/or deleted them from your VST folders you should go in Komplete Kontrol's preferences -> Plug Ins and hit the rescan button. If the VSTs still appear you can also reset Komplete Kontrol's database, you didn't mention your operating system so I'll put both:

On mac:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

On Windows:

1. In the Windows File Explorer, go to the following location on your computer:
    2. C: > Users > *Your Username* > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The "AppData" folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden Windows folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved. If the issue persists, please proceed to the next steps below.

Answers

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 210 Helper

Hi Mate.

If you still have plugins showing up in KK, it is likely due to the NKS presets still being stored on your computer probably because the respective plugin was not completely removed. You can check by rescanning your library in the preferences menu. If the plugin still shows up, go back to the prefs menu and locate it in the list. From there you should be able to identify where these are stored on your system PC/Mac. As I use a Mac, I could not stipulate for your system, but if you see the attached image you can get an idea of what I mean (example shows some third party examples for Waves effects). Find these files and delete them.

Alternatively if you want to keep the plugins and data you can just remove the Native Instruments.plist for the specific plugin/product in your main preferences folder before rescanning your library. I imagine it is the former method that will help you in relation to your specific issue however.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@glyngad Once you uninstalled the said plug-ins and/or deleted them from your VST folders you should go in Komplete Kontrol's preferences -> Plug Ins and hit the rescan button. If the VSTs still appear you can also reset Komplete Kontrol's database, you didn't mention your operating system so I'll put both:

On mac:

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

On Windows:

1. In the Windows File Explorer, go to the following location on your computer:
    2. C: > Users > *Your Username* > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The "AppData" folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden Windows folders.
    7. Reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved. If the issue persists, please proceed to the next steps below.

• glyngad
    glyngad Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi Diam and Jeremy

Thanks for your replies, I will check it out later and let you know how I get on, been away from my computer for a while so haven’t had a chance yet.

cheers,

Glyn.

• Jeremy_NI

@glyngad Any luck?

• JFng
    JFng Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Sorry to revive this. I've followed the steps to delete the folder and even re-installed Komplete Kontrol and it still shows!

Any ideas?