Loop Recorder Input Level

Soundbit
Soundbit Member Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi all,

I have a problem and hope somebody can help me here.

I use a DJM800 with two turntables and Traktor attached to it, Traktor Pro 3 in external mixer mode. Audio Knterface is a Traktor Audio 10. I have DVS timecodes but in the current scenario I am not using them, instead I use the two turntables like normal and have a cheap numark Total Control to control two of four Traktor decks.

Thats all working fine.

Now I attached my FX Send from the DJM800 to Main in and Return to Mai Out on the Audio 10. Using Traktor effects works really great that way.

I also use the Send / Return to record samples with the loop recorder. This is working but when I pull the samples to a remix deck, I see that they are recorded with a really low level, the waveform is very flat and I have to put the gain on the DJM800 completely to the right or put the gain on the remix deck really high to hear something.

Any idea why the loop recorder is recording with such a low level from the DJM800s Send?

Kind regards

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Soundbit
    Answer ✓

I had contact with NI factor and they noted a feature request to add a gain knob to the loop recorder.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

can't you see the level meters in input settings tab if you send something to the input? Does it show a strong signal there? I'm not on my PC right now but as far as I remember you should check there first.

• Soundbit
    edited January 2023

Hi! Thanks for answering :)

I checked that and the input signal bars are around 40% - 60%. And I don't see a way to raise them as the DJM800 seems to have a fixed volume for Send fx, as well as for record out.

Only way to raise it a bit is to pull the gain on the DJM800s channel deep into the reds.

• Soundbit
    Answer ✓

I had contact with NI factor and they noted a feature request to add a gain knob to the loop recorder.