MacBook Air is not receiving audio (input) from my interface (komplete audio 2)

mfbecker
mfbecker Member Posts: 11 Member
edited 3:34PM in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

I would love to get some help with the following issue. I have a Komplete Audio 2 interface. The interface is connected to the computer which recognizes it. Unfortunately, the computer is not receiving the audio sent by the interface. I've tried all of the troubleshooting advices from the articles, but still not working. The interface is working. I hear the audio coming from it.

I appreciate your support,

All the best,

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

do you see the meters for input moving? Mac sees all inputs as microphone so you maybe have to give access Control access to the microphone on Mac - Apple Support

• mfbecker

No, I don't. I already did the privacy thing but still can't receive audio from the interface

• Uwe303

If you don't see the level meters going then there is something wrong, what have you connected and how to the inputs?

• mfbecker

I connected the Komplete 2 to the usb port of the computer as always. I’ve even tried it on another computer and worked.

• Uwe303

Are both the same or similar, same os? And do you see the level meters moving if you connect it on the other PC? If i understand you correct, you did not answer my question about what you have connected, you have something connected to the line in of the interface or a microphone to mic in?

• mfbecker

microphone, different os between computers. Yes, everything works on the other computer, i.e., meters moving

• Uwe303

Have you tried a different USB port no hub, directly connected to the computer where it's not working. To be clear on one computer meters are moving but on the other not?

• mfbecker

Correct. On the second computer, the meters are moving. I’ve tried in both USB ports, unfortunately, did not work. Without a hub

• Uwe303

Ok then this is really strange, do you see something on the interface light up on the computer where it does not work? You could try to install drivers again - check compatibility with your os - maybe you've made an mac os update?

• mfbecker

I updated the OS but it says that it is compatible. No “warning” lights and it says that Mac does not need drivers

• Uwe303

Ok then i don't know, if you have checked permission for microphone, for the app you want to get audio into and all this..like i posted.....sorry

• mfbecker

Thank you for trying.

I hope that someone else could help

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Where do you notice that? Is it within a DAW or an audio software? Can you see the soundcard in your audio & midi setup? Can you post screenshots of that?

• mfbecker
    edited February 2023

Hi Jeremy_NI,

The interface is connected directly to the USB of the Mac. I can see the level meters moving with audio from a mic on the interface and I can see the interface on the sound settings of the Mac, but the level meters don't move on the Input level (Mac) and I can't hear the audio coming through the interface. See the images attached. Happens the same with the Output.

The following is the response from Apple: Thank you for the info. It would appear that there were some changes in the new macOS that have not been accommodated by the software on your interface. Since this is a third party product, we are not familiar with the requirements and individual specifications of this product. We would have to recommend you reach out to the developer of this product for further assistance. This article will provide information to contact them: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Can you get sound when you play a video? You would also need to turn the big knob to the right to hear something on the output.

Have you tried with a DAW? There is no direct monitoring for the Komplete Audio sound cards: Using the Direct Monitoring Feature on My KOMPLETE AUDIO Interface

This discussion has been closed.