Maschine in Logic Pro X giving "[plugin] could not be loaded" error

shosherine
shosherine Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hey all, just upgraded to an M1 Mac and having some trouble getting my NI plugins to work with Logic. I'm trying to load up NI instruments within Maschine which I'm using as a virtual instrument within Logic, however I keep getting the error "[plugin] could not be loaded" with every instrument no matter what I try. I am able to get the individual sounds from NI expansion packs to load, however.

For reference, Native Access is updated to the Apple silicon version and my full NI library has been reinstalled and updated. When I open these instruments in Maschine as a standalone app they all work fine. It's only when I try to use an instance of Maschine within Logic that I get this issue.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Make sure that Masvhine and Logic both have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Restart your computer, does the issue still occur? Are you using Logic in Rosetta mode or in the ARM mode? Can you open all the standalone NI applications? Can you load the NI plug-ins in Logic?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Make sure that Masvhine and Logic both have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Restart your computer, does the issue still occur? Are you using Logic in Rosetta mode or in the ARM mode? Can you open all the standalone NI applications? Can you load the NI plug-ins in Logic?

• shosherine
    shosherine Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

It looks like it was Rosetta that was the issue, once I set all of the NI apps to open in Rosetta mode they started working within Logic. Thanks for the assist Jeremy!

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, so this means that some of the plug-ins you are using are not yet M1 natively compatible. Only Reaktor 6 still requires Rosetta and should get an update soon. Also check your third party plug-ins for M1 compatibility.

• BerryMo
    BerryMo Member Posts: 13 Member

How do I set all of the NI apps to open in Rosetta mode? I all of sudden started having this issue all of sudden randomly when everything was working perfectly fine before.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

You shouldn't need anything by NI in Rosetta now unless you have Absynth or Reaktor 5 - which ones are causing problems?

• BerryMo

Maschine and KK. I all of the sudden started having the same issue as Shosherine.

• Kymeia

No I meant which plugins are not loading?

• BerryMo

Any of my NI plug-ins that I try and load in Maschine and KK. I use Maschine and KK as an virtual instrument and load everything through the two plugins. Things like Omnisphere, Sylenth, Nexus etc will load and work no problem it’s only NI instruments. Anything that works with Kontakt specifically from what I can tell so far

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

Do you have the latest version of Kontakt 7 installed? That one has been native since it was released, you do not need to run it in Rosetta (same with Kontakt 6 from 6.7.0).

It looks like you may need to follow this:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/36/tips-i-cant-find-my-plug-ins-in-my-daw#latest

• BerryMo

Yes, I have the latest version of Kontakt 7 installed. All NI plugins load in Maschine and KK standalone versions just not in logic

• Kymeia

Then it should not need Rosetta enabled to work, it must be something else. Try contacting support

• BerryMo

Ok I will. It’s weird too. I used it one day and the next day it started and has been like this since

• Kymeia

Have you moved anything onto another drive?

• BerryMo

Nope. Everything is in its initial installation location.

• Kymeia

OK thanks I'm out of ideas then, it looks to me like it should be working and yet it isn't - hope you get somewhere with support!