Installing kontakt 7: What to do with .plist and .bom files

Multimeterman
Multimeterman Member Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

I have attempted to install library 2 for kontakt . I already have the kontakt library from kontakt 6 on the same external ssd I’ve set the path to. There is plenty of room. I have my defaul path for kontakt pointed at the proper external ssd in preferences. Something downloaded but what is it ?

I was left with a library -receipt file - with .plist and .bom . Can anyone elaborate or help me ?

I can’t seem to get in touch with NI? I have no idea what’s that .plist /.bom is. I have no idea where my library is or if it is installed. Can I delete this weird .plist .bom receipt file?

I also can not install hydra . It fails every time.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,546 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Multimeterman I saw you received help from our support team already. Note to others who might have the same question about this Library -> Receipts folder: Please don't delete the folder. Files in that folder contain the location of the library which Kontakt requires in order to run and display the library content.

Answers

• Multimeterman
    Multimeterman Member Posts: 15 Member

Looks like the Library installed after all.

I am still left without knowing about the following folder and whether or not it should or can be deleted ??? I will give my review of kontakt 7 1rst impressions after messing with it a bit more .

a library -receipt file - with .plist and .bom . CAN I DELETE THIS FILE ????

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,546 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Multimeterman I saw you received help from our support team already. Note to others who might have the same question about this Library -> Receipts folder: Please don't delete the folder. Files in that folder contain the location of the library which Kontakt requires in order to run and display the library content.

• JDAM
    JDAM Member Posts: 1 Member

Is this folder really necessary? How to act with that receipts folder after moving the library to another SSD?