Could I use my M32 Keyboard as a radio dj soundboard?

davidprotools
davidprotools Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2023 in Komplete General

Not what I bought it for, but I thought it would be fun to map a different sample to each key of my Komplete Kontrol M32 Micro Keyboard so I could use it like one of those radio dj sound effect keyboards (one key does *explosion sound*, one key does "OH YEAH", and so on. This thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTboJBRQRgM). Does anyone know how I could do this or where I could find a tutorial on how to do this? I'm still very new to Native Instruments

Tagged:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

Your M32 came with Komplete Select, which means you don't have Kontakt full version. It's a sampler which would work perfect for that. Select does not qualify for Kontakt upgrade.

Komplete Kontrol software has a sampler, but I don't know about mapping samples to keys.

Maschine Mikro or Kontakt are your best options from NI. Both at around the same price.

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

Don't ask me how my brain works or, why I would actually put more thought into this, but ...😀

Depending on how many instances of KK you can open in Ableton or Maschine, you could have many tracks loaded with one sample each. Not what you're looking for, but it's a workaround.

Using your mixer you could select the Named track easily to trigger the sound you want. And by pressing any key and get a variation in pitch for that sound.

Now get me a rubber room, because clearly I am insane.

• davidprotools
    davidprotools Member Posts: 2 Member

lol you're not insane, it's a fun idea and your brain knows it! I've been playing with Kontakt 7 and I think I might be onto something. You can create an instrument and in Edit Mode (wrench icon by instrument name) you can find a Mapping Editor. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up a folder of samples and load them onto the Mapping Editor, but I think this will allow me to assign a different sample to each key. Idk for sure, I'll circle back to this post if I can get it sorted out

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

Well you guys will put me in the nut house if you don't provide all the pertinent info.

So you do own Kontakt, which means I would have explained it in complete detail. Now I'll give you my advice...

READ THE MANUAL! 🤣 😏

• Gee_Flat

Mapping Samples Manually

For some reason these geniuses decided to burry the 'Mapping Editor' section of the online manual as a subgroup in the 'Group Editor' section.

I idon't know who's making these decisions, but it's just stupid.