Maschine Plus - Encoder does not work on TEMPO button

jazzualdo
jazzualdo Member Posts: 4 Member

Machine+ System 1.4.5.2 Machine 2.16.1 (RO) Firmware 0.1.6

After today's firmware update, the TEMPO can no longer be adjusted with the encoder (while the tempo button is activated - the light on the button works). Velocity and Swing can be manipulated with the encoder without any problems.

Do I have a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance for your help and have a nice day. Sepp

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jazzualdo
    Answer ✓

with pleasure. I already had the right assumption - that in the MIDI section the control would be set by an external clock and that therefore there would be no access to the tempo. That's why I changed it. Unfortunately, this resulted in the SD card being reported as no longer working - I had to reformat it to be able to use it again. My mistake was that I didn't check afterwards whether the control function in the MIDI section had changed back to "external" (I was sure that I would have changed it). The "crash" of the SD card in combination with the non-response to transport and the impossibility to adjust the tempo made me write this post and the support. 

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,880 mod

Those versions numbers arent adding up to mine, especially the firmware:

1. System: 1.4.5.0
    2. Maschine: 2.16.1
    3. Firmware: 0.1.9

Try to download and run the firmware updater for the M+ here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

• jazzualdo

Thanx a lot - NI support helped me out, it works again. Best wishes!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@jazzualdo Can you tell us more? Maybe that could help someone in the same situation in the future!

• jazzualdo
    Answer ✓

with pleasure. I already had the right assumption - that in the MIDI section the control would be set by an external clock and that therefore there would be no access to the tempo. That's why I changed it. Unfortunately, this resulted in the SD card being reported as no longer working - I had to reformat it to be able to use it again. My mistake was that I didn't check afterwards whether the control function in the MIDI section had changed back to "external" (I was sure that I would have changed it). The "crash" of the SD card in combination with the non-response to transport and the impossibility to adjust the tempo made me write this post and the support.