Maschine 2 Error Loading Project Failed

Ommenetti
Ommenetti Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi,

After saved my projet, impossible to open the file. I have an error at the opening : Error - Loading Project Failed

Maschine 2 did not crashed and any plugin are already updated. I only have this mistake with this project file. All the others works fine.

NI don't answer me and I can't find any information for that. I'm looking for a log directory where finding more details about this simple error message.

Did you have an idea for getting support from NI ? Can I edit the MXPRJ file ?

Thanks for your help.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,294 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @Ommenetti It looks like one of our support agents got back to you around 24 hours after your request.

First thing to check is if you have the latest Maschine update installed on your system and all your other NI applications are all up to date.

Unfortunately, if the project is still corrupted, there is not much to be done.

• Ommenetti
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I sent the projet file to the support but it seems impossible to fix it. Maschine 2 app did not crashed ; the problem comes from an error while saving the file.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

You cannot edit MXPRJ file. Well, you can technicaly, but without knowing the structure, it would not lead anywhere....

You may try to open Support Ticket at NI web.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @Ommenetti It looks like one of our support agents got back to you around 24 hours after your request.

First thing to check is if you have the latest Maschine update installed on your system and all your other NI applications are all up to date.

Unfortunately, if the project is still corrupted, there is not much to be done.

• 2cry
    2cry Member Posts: 2 Member

I have this same issue with multiple files. And I've had software issues on and brand new Mac M1 2021. please help!!

• Ommenetti
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I sent the projet file to the support but it seems impossible to fix it. Maschine 2 app did not crashed ; the problem comes from an error while saving the file.

• tommycalaveradj
    tommycalaveradj Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same Error "Loading project failed", i'm trying to fix it with Hex editor files, but it's very difficult find the solution. This issue occurs because i'd trying to save the project when discover that my hard drive was full space...

• Doctor Wize
    Doctor Wize Member Posts: 1 Member

The problem for me was that Maschine+ was updated but the Maschine software was not updated on my Mac. After I updated the software in my Mac it worked.

• Cam1788
    Cam1788 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2022

Find the file and right click on properties. Go to previous versions and restore. (LOOK AT THE DATE AND TIME AND VERIFY YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT LOSING THE MOST RECENT MIDI BEFORE DOING THIS. YOU WILL LOSE THE DATA. Hopefully it saved in a previous version. I just had this happen to me for the first time ever and have owned NI since Komplete 6. I lost some of the new Midi I recorded but at least I have most of it. After seeing multiple people give up, I felt the pain. I felt like this is one of the best pieces of music I created thus far and losing it had me speechless. If this happens again, I will try to dive deeper for a way to recover a different way. Hope this helps some people.

• Ypiff
    Ypiff Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I RECENTLY JUST WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING ON MASCHINE AND I RECOVERED MY PROJECT. IM USING MAC I RIGHT CLICKED THE FILE(BEAT) AND HIT QUICK LOOK,ONCE IN QUICK LOOK I THEN CLICKED ON THE OPEN MASCHINE 2 TAB, AS SOON AS I CLICKED THE TAB AN OPTION CAME UP AND ALLOWED ME TO RECOVER MY PREVIOUS SAVED VERSION. IT WASNT THE FULL VERSION BUT AT LEAST 90% OF IT. HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS SOMEONE

• Ommenetti

Hi,

Thanks for your help but the project cannot be restaured.

Have a nice day,

Mike.

• offcmd
    offcmd Member Posts: 12 Member

This was my case. Updated the software and the project now loaded.

It is very discouraging seeing customer support giving up so quickly. Using AI here would help match issues with documented solutions

• Jeremy_NI

@offcmd Support does not give up so quickly. When support is contacted with similar issues, our agents check that all products are up to date. Now, that might have fixed the issue in your case but there are users that get these same error messages even when they are up to date on every product. This can happen when projects get corrupted. I don't see a support request from you regarding this issue, so I don't understand the part of giving up from our side.

• offcmd
    offcmd Member Posts: 12 Member

Here supports says "if" (the project is corrupted), but what if it wasn't, just like in my case?

That's what I meant.. maybe the right word wasn't "giving up".

• Jeremy_NI

@offcmd Ok I understand what you mean now, and you are right, so I've edited the accepted answer so people first check if everything is up to date. Thanks for your input here as it will probably be helpful to other users.