Lost my Kontrol of instruments within Logic

thesupernaut
thesupernaut Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi guys. I've been happily using "Modern and Massive" and "Invasion" in Logic Pro X for a while now, but I have recently hit a snag. I use a NI Komplete controller, and I love the colour coded keyboard that lets me know where the drums and cymbals are; it's awesome. However, recently I cannot open my GGD instruments in Komplete Kontrol within Logic. I can open it in Komplete 7, but I don't get the additional Kontroller functionality, including the aforementioned key colours.

I have done all the usual uninstall and reinstalls, pointing to folder etc., but to no avail. Strangely, I can now open it in the standalone version of Komplete Kontrol, but not within Logic. [See picture].

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Have you tried to just uncheck this option in the KK preferences:

Seems this Kontakt 7 release is really screwing with peoples setups.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Have you tried to just uncheck this option in the KK preferences:

Seems this Kontakt 7 release is really screwing with peoples setups.

• thesupernaut
    thesupernaut Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks @JesterMgee. That works!

It worked straight away for GGD Invasion, but not Modern and Massive. It initially said I needed to upgrade my software. Out of curiosity, I opened Komplete7 as there was a Komplete 6 logo in the empty space where the plugin should be in Komplete Kontrol. Et voila! Next time I opened Kontrol, it worked. I don't know if the Komplete Player is somehow embedded in Kontrol and needed to realise there was a newer version installed. That's beyond my tiny brain...

Thanks, again.