Studio One Maschine Integration

DominikGX
DominikGX Member Posts: 25 Member
edited February 2023 in Maschine

I've set up a template for Maschine MK3 in Studio One, to play Midi notes from my DAW.

I followed a German guide from Native Instruments:

Are there only up to 16 instrument sounds with all groups in total possible to assign with my DAW?

What if my project is that big, that I need to add more than 16 different instruments? Am I forced to open the 17th instrument in Komplete Kontrol in my DAW? So is it somehow possible to load more than 16 sounds in my Maschine VST, while still having Maschine DAW Integration?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

does studio one don´t have a auto focus feature, where a keyboard or pad controller gets automatically assigned to the selected track? That way you can even use more than 16 pads per instrument. Studio One 3 : Global and Focus MIDI Mapping – Knowledge Base | PreSonus

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

It depends, if you want to control a group with 16 drum sounds, you just need route the midi to that group. If you have a piano i would just load one per group on the first slot/pad and route midi to that slot pad. You always have all notes 16 times (16 channels) if you need more load another maschine instance. For example one instance is drums and FX ambiance, other maschine always melody stuff. At least i would try it that way.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

does studio one don´t have a auto focus feature, where a keyboard or pad controller gets automatically assigned to the selected track? That way you can even use more than 16 pads per instrument. Studio One 3 : Global and Focus MIDI Mapping – Knowledge Base | PreSonus

• DominikGX

You mean by loading a second instance of Maschine 2 into Studio One and using the autofocus feature?

I checked what it is. It seems like being a workaround. I guess there is no other way to add additional channels.

I hope 15 instruments and 1 drum kit are sufficient.

• Uwe303

I mean something else but that would also be a solution, i though you use maschine as midi controller for S1 and you use 16 groups (midi preset) with different midi channels. But a second instance if you use midi to host should work if i now understand you correctly, and with the instance button on maschine you can easily switch between them.

• DominikGX

I was thinking of using multitimbral instruments. If I create 16 groups in maschine and change each group to a separate midi channel and assign them with 16 different midi tracks in S1, my multitimbral instruments would not work. Of course it would be possible to play the start note. But it would not be possible to to play higher or deeper notes.. correct?

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

It depends, if you want to control a group with 16 drum sounds, you just need route the midi to that group. If you have a piano i would just load one per group on the first slot/pad and route midi to that slot pad. You always have all notes 16 times (16 channels) if you need more load another maschine instance. For example one instance is drums and FX ambiance, other maschine always melody stuff. At least i would try it that way.

• Uwe303

@D-One made an amazing tutorial about that with cubase and it should work similar in s1, it's also here in the new forum but now i can only find the link to the old forum https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/guide-cubase-maschine-midi-routing-integration.317162/