Is Maschine Standalone Naitive sillicon on Mac m1 ?? :/

T-A
T-A Member Posts: 19 Member

My Maschine Standalone on mac m1

says "Processor: AVX enabled "

Ehhhh okej but there no x86_64 architecture ?

"M1 is not based on the x86 architecture so it can, in no way shape or form get AVX, because AVX is defined only for x86_64 architecture. "

What should i do ? I am trying to run everything native sillicon ... :(

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Probably detecting rosetta 2…

• T-A

@Mutis How ??? and why ? sorry i have runned PC the last year so i kind of not uptodate on Mac M1 side.

I have removed every plugin in the system and it still says "Processor: AVX enabled "

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

You need to be running it in native mode. Right click, Get Info, Uncheck the 'Open using Rosetta' checkbox

• T-A

The Rosetta box is not checked :(

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

I was just wondering. No clue about M+ interfacing mac and if native AS has been released.

Maybe just a wrong statement (that AVX sentence M+ shows).

I will suggest research any info about M+ and AS alongside waiting for more answers. Almost we know isn’t rosetta checkbox so one less option to verify…

Sorry mate.

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

I just checked, it’s the same here. However, according to Activity Monitor it’s native, so no worries, it’s just a misrepresentation.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

That's odd it's not for me

• T-A

"Analysis of sampling Maschine 2 (pid 927) every 1 millisecond

Process:     Maschine 2 [927]

Path:      /Applications/Native Instruments/*/Maschine 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Maschine 2

Load Address:  0x10006c000

Identifier:   com.native-instruments.Maschine 2

Version:     2.16.1 (2.16.1 [R0], Copyright © 2022 Native Instruments GmbH)

Code Type:    ARM64

Platform:    macOS

Parent Process: ??? [1]"

Sooo i guess its native since "Code Type: ARM64" .....

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

Yeah, and there’s always the real life experience - it’s should be noticeable faster than the Rosetta version.

• T-A

@nanotable hehe, i have never used Rosetta so i have nothing to compare with.. i recently got back to Mac after using PC for a couple of years and its primary for running Maschine in standalone. And iam kind of picky dont want to run anything in a "emulation" mode...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Maschine supports Native Apple Silicon since the release of 2.16

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/40/official-update-status-maschine-2-current-version-2-16#latest

No idea about how the AVX instruction set can work on ARM tho, maybe they had to work around that and use other instruction sets for Apple Silicon but if that's the case I doubt they would create a new start animation GUI to inform of the details. Just ignore it.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

NI uses something similar like x86 AVX on M1/2, so they either forgot to update the text for AS, or they left it deliberatery like this to keep the terminology for Win and Mac consistent...

Changing terminology would require to change user guides and it might bring other problems in communication....