[Giveaway] Get into hybrid vocals and keys with DUETS

Nico_NI
Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
edited November 2023 in NI News

TOP-SHELF MAGIC

DUETS is a KONTAKT-based instrument which provides instant shine to your production, offering a tweakable assortment of synths and vocals.

With preset riffs and runs, single-key harmony progressions, and the capability to trigger different words per key, you'll be able to confidently build vibrant leads and incorporate a sense of narrative into your tracks. Added to that, DUETS is preloaded with a variety of hands-on effects and over 150 customisable presets - including vocals, leads, basses and pads to craft your next hit from scratch or provide the final polish.

ASK OUR PRODUCT TEAM FOR A CHANCE TO WIN DUETS

Tell us what you would use DUETS for, or ask any questions you have about the synth, for a chance to win the instrument.

Our product team will pick questions to answer until February 10.

Best of luck!

---

Terms & Conditions: This competition is being conducted by NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH from January 24, 2023 until February 10, 2023. By entering the competition, participants agree to these terms and conditions. All personal information is protected by privacy and data protection laws and will not be shared with third parties. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Soundwide group are not eligible to participate. By submitting an entry on the online community, participants can win a free NFR license of DUETS. One winner will be chosen at random. The winner will be notified by direct message, and is required to notify Native Instruments that s/he accepts the prize within one week after receiving the notification. If Native Instruments does not receive notification within this period, the winner forfeits the prize and Native Instruments reserves the right to choose another winner. A cash payout of the prize is ruled out. The right of appeal is excluded. The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply exclusively; Berlin, Germany, shall be the exclusive court of jurisdiction.

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited January 2023

Gotta say, this looks like a fun instrument to play around with! Good work, you guys 🙂

Likely a very generic question (though I'm curious to know!), but what was the inspiration behind(/for?) DUETS?

• joeb3651
    joeb3651 Member Posts: 7 Member

Yeah, real nice but how does one ENTER the giveaway?

Thanks,

Joe B

• Omegasraft
    Omegasraft Member Posts: 7 Member

I tried duets and really loved the ooh baby preset. Used it in the key of dM as an vocalize ambience..

So here is my question... You, as a designer of syths and sound for Native Instruments, does it not bother you with how un-synergistic NI's instruments are? Like for ex, creating something as great as Duets and than being able to load its sounds and custom presets into playbox or have itself merged by n with the sounds of glaze...

Arcade let's u mix n mingle sounds from different sound PA ls and izotope's products are superior when it comes to being able to access and control other izotope modules and instances..

Maybe as a designer, they may listen to you.. Imagine, the sounds and engine of duets, now played as a piece of a vocal in playbox or even as a 'heavy up' to other older voice emulators..

The possibilities would be endless.. A truly great duet if u asked me..

• remo
    remo Member Posts: 12 Member

Just had a listen by viewing the walkthrough video. Sounds amazing to me. I guess the multisampled vocals give a rich sound. Well done.

Question: What does the "Sauce" Knob do in the lower right of the UI, does it some secret stuff to the sound or is it adding some Saturation or Tape effect?

• pbthrash
    pbthrash Member Posts: 32 Member

Well, I want it, but as usual (my "luck") chances are very low. :)

Sounds nice.

• DavidAsher
    DavidAsher Member Posts: 10 Member

I’ve noticed a lot of new sample instruments using this format. Even Arturia is in on it. I think it’s really great. This seems like the epitome of that design. It’s namesake especially, do you think the next step will be combining 3 elements? Just curious.

• MoHoK
    MoHoK Member Posts: 16 Member

not that is bad or whatever, but i think NI is just repeating itself.. and is really focusing anymore on EDM, Trap and totally mainstream stuff.. not that this is actually bad or whatever... the instrument is really cool... but i would like seeing more Sound design stuff :)

• Bulk
    Bulk Member Posts: 1 Member

I have seen synth reviews on YouTube get copyright strikes just because the ContentID bots decided that an example upward filter sweep sounded too similar to one on a Chemical Brothers record, or a Depth Charge record. With all of these sequenced phrases that are playable from a single note in Duets, what protections are in places for customers so that one track made with Duets cannot be deemed to be a copyright violation of an earlier track that used the same Duets phrase?

• Miri Astro
    Miri Astro Member Posts: 11 Member

Duets is my favorite Play Series instrument to date. I would love to have this instrument to add to my sound arsenal as how love to incorporate vocal samples and Duets allow an intuitive pathway to do just that! Great job NI!

• STAY LOW
    STAY LOW Member Posts: 6 Member

It's always nice to have a hybrid instrument that you can tweak sounds because it gives you the opportunity to create not only a unique sound but also unique melodies.

• omariwalker
    omariwalker Member Posts: 14 Member

How many presets let you change the words per key?

• shinkan
    shinkan Member Posts: 1 Member

That sounds really great. Would love to add some low vocal creepiness to my tracks :D

• Matthew Yates
    Matthew Yates Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2023

I've watched the walkthrough and this plugin sounds amazing. I will be using the plugin for verious tasks. Vocal texture, Hook designs especially with the Riff and Runs Preset I can hear a lot of different things to use this for. I will be purchasing the KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTOR'S EDITION Update. So whether I win the contest or not, It will be apart of my NI Arsonal. Great work Native Instruments you never dissapoint. Much love, and support from 4Matt Productions.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,231 mod

I guess that I just do not know enough about DUETS nor about KONTAKT.

So my question for a chance to win DUETS would be the following (which I think is not mentioned here or in the video)(?) :

Will DUETS be able load and use e.g. CHOIR: OMNIA which is also for KONTAKT ?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

The question is: when I will win this giveaway (😉), can you suggest me what makes Duets different from other vocal plugins (thinking about Output or even other NI stuff here) and how could I use it to achieve something I can’t with the others? Since I’m merely interested in the vocal side of this one, these are my doubts…is it “different” enough?

This discussion has been closed.