Maschine Plus Controller Mode Screen

abnegative
abnegative Member Posts: 59 Helper
edited February 2023 in Maschine

I have a Maschine MK3. I just got a Maschine Plus. I put the Maschine Plus in controller mode. I don't see any feedback on the Maschine Plus screens in controller mode (even though I do see it on the Maschine MK3). Is this by design?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Yes, and please look at the device manager. There the M+ icon should not have a "yellowish" warning sign.

It is too long ago that I had to install the drivers so look for Optional Updates at Windows Update as well.

• abnegative
    Answer ✓

I finally got it to work.

The solution was to manually install the two missing drivers seen in the picture (nim3pbd & nim3pdfu).

I was able to find these drivers on the working Windows computer in this directory: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

NI, please advise on what installer is responsible for providing those drivers so that anyone else with this issue can avoid the manual process.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

No, there should be feedback exactly the same as the MK3... Unless you have both connected to the computer at the same time, Maschine does not support 2 controllers of the same class at the same time, if this is the case just unplug the USB of your MK3.

• abnegative

@D-One Thanks. I don't have both connected. I've tried everything I can think of and the issue persists. At least I know it's not supposed to be this way.

• abnegative

Update: I'm having this issue on Windows. I plugged the Maschine Plus into a mac and I don't have the issue there. As a side note, the firmware updater is not detecting the Maschine Plus on Windows, but it does on the mac. I'm assuming both issues share a root cause.

• DeepThumb
    edited January 2023

Without the Windows drivers the FW updater did not recognize my M+, too.

• abnegative
  • DeepThumb
    Answer ✓

Yes, and please look at the device manager. There the M+ icon should not have a "yellowish" warning sign.

It is too long ago that I had to install the drivers so look for Optional Updates at Windows Update as well.

• abnegative

@DeepThumb Thanks. Here's what I see. Still no luck.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

These are the first troubleshooting steps we send to users with theese type of issues, in the context of the M+ being used as a controller, it would be the same:

My MASCHINE Controller Does Not Start

My Native Instruments Hardware Device is Not Recognized

• abnegative

@Jeremy_NI Thanks. I've exhausted all troubleshooting steps in both articles and the problem persists.

I tried on a completely different Windows computer and everything works.

On that working computer, I notice that the device manager does not show "Maschine Plus BD" nor "Maschine Plus DFU" under "Other devices" (as seen in the picture in my last comment).

• abnegative
    Answer ✓

I finally got it to work.

The solution was to manually install the two missing drivers seen in the picture (nim3pbd & nim3pdfu).

I was able to find these drivers on the working Windows computer in this directory: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

NI, please advise on what installer is responsible for providing those drivers so that anyone else with this issue can avoid the manual process.

• DeepThumb
    edited February 2023

Similar experience with my new Akai MPC and SW 2.11.7. An idi.. forgot to include the driver. Luckily other users mentioned that I could find it in a folder provided within the 2.11.5 package. What a bummer!