Kontakt Player 7 and Kontakt 6

Philippe
Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Hello,

I have Kontakt 6 and did not upgrade (yet ?) to Kontakt 7, it's not a product I often use.

I see in NA2 I can download Kontakt Player 7. Is there problem having both on same machine ?

Are there now any updates or new products only compatible with a K7 Player or even K7 full ?

TIA

Philippe

Best Answer

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

K7 and 6 can run side by side, but there seems to be an issue with the plugin for Komplete Kontrol taking over.

The new Factory Library has been revamped and only runs on Kontakt v. 7.X.X, but that's always the case with new versions. Also, these new instruments are locked and cannot be edited. K7 will not seamlessly replace K6 in existing projects so be aware.

If you don't use it a lot, you might be content with v. 6

• Philippe

OK, thanks

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    Answer ✓

If there is no immediate need for you to use Kontakt 7 (Player), stay with Kontakt 6. Alternatively, fully switch to Kontakt 7 and replace existing Kontakt 6 instances with Kontakt 7.

Sadly, the issue with Komplete Kontrol (i.e. K7 loading instead of K6 when a project in any DAW is saved with K6) won't get fixed anytime soon:

• Philippe

oh OK thanks

• RenardeRousse
    RenardeRousse Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2023

I had a problem updating/installing Kontakt PLAYER 7.1.8.

It's now fixed; probably wrong moment to update.

I can't delete my post. So please ignore.

Native Access 3.2.0 still has a strange behavior on Windows 11: it's like it keeps reinstalling.

Work in progress?

But it's not a program I use daily.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

That NA behaviour has been reported on this forum more than once.

• musicadi
    musicadi Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

I was using version 6 and now moved to version 7 (keeping v6). First thing I notice is I get a LOT of "System overload" messages with v7 (never happens with v6). Not sure what changed, but it's frustrating. For both versions, I sticked with the preset settings.