Komplete Kontrol M32 sysex spam?

fluffy
fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper

Hi, I've had a Komplete Kontrol M32 for a while now, and while it mostly works great, one thing that's been really bothering me about it is that it's constantly sending out some random sysex messages once a second or so, and this can cause issues with Logic in loop recording mode (among other things). What purpose do these messages serve, and is there any way to disable them?

SysEx Librarian says that it's from a manufacturer of "Loud Technologies / Mackie," and Logic shows the payload as being: Mackie Designs Ⓢ••f••1234560••••Ⓔ   

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

It is probably because you selected the Komplete Kontrol -DAW port as a midi input in your daw. Deselect the daw port from your midi preferences.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

well since the m32 uses MCU standard (Mackie Control Universal) messages for the transport buttons, it might be an issue with the M32 sending out random messages due to a hardware fault... best to contact Hardware support....

• fluffy
    fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper

If these are control messages then shouldn't they be consumed by Logic's control surface stuff instead of being recorded to my MIDI regions? Is there some missing Logic setup that would have fixed this? Logic's been pretty inconsistent about supporting the transport controls from the M32, where sometimes the buttons have the intended function and sometimes they just cause notes to play.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

It is probably because you selected the Komplete Kontrol -DAW port as a midi input in your daw. Deselect the daw port from your midi preferences.