Maschine Plus Audio track count in Stand-Alone mode?

rockreid
rockreid Member Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

Has anyone recorded as many Audio clips into the Stand-Alone Maschine + to see what kind of track count it can handle? No FX, no other instruments enabled just to see what kind of use it would be as a multitrack (I know Maschine is only 1 stereo track record at a time).

*it would be great if Maschine were able to record more than one track at a time.

Tagged:

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

I haven’t tried that exactly, but I start getting crackles and CPU spikes when running about 8 Audio plugins loaded with Loops / Samples. It seems that the Audio plugin needs a lot of CPU to constantly adapt audio playback to the current tempo.

This is probably independent of Clips or Patterns.

• GBB
    GBB Member Posts: 2 Member

I have kinda same question but wondering

Assuming M+ can't handle 8 audio plugins, How does it do with Sampler plugins? Maybe less cpu needed? Anyone tried this?

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper
    edited February 2023

I suppose number of audio tracks with Audio plugin can potentially be increased by setting 'Engine mode' to 'Stretch'. Other modes are too CPU-hungry to be used in more than one instance.

• GBB
    GBB Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks, Andy Wt.

Do you know about Sampler plugins?

These should be easier in cpu no?

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper

Unfortunately i cant say anything certain here. Havent tried to do any benchmarks yet.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

M+ runs the demos from the factory library, most of them use a ridiculous amount of samplers.