Can Maschine and Jam focus on pages independently?

AlluringSkull
AlluringSkull Member Posts: 29 Member

When using these controllers together the focus of both controllers switch when a button is pressed on either one. I would like to have them both function independently.

Example: Maschine controlling pads on group A and Jam controlling macros more on group C.

I have noticed some instances this is possible. Like playing pads on maschine in group A and using Keyboard mode in group A on Jam. Wondering if its possible to isolate the two.

Best Answer

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro
    Answer ✓

I guess all of us who own both controllers are sad to say: no. ATM it is not possible :(

Answers

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro
    Answer ✓

I guess all of us who own both controllers are sad to say: no. ATM it is not possible :(

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

IIRC, another case where they diverge is managin lock states and playing pads, e.g.

• AlluringSkull
    AlluringSkull Member Posts: 29 Member

That is so unfortunate. They came so close to making such an amazing controller and just a few software features really hamstrung the jam. Instead of making a great addition to maschine adding more control it seams like they just give you two ways to access the same features while performing. Since they discontinued it I have little hope they will ever address the issues with it. Big sad. May start looking into going a different direction with my live performance workflow. thanks for the info though

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Unfortunately there is no way to have focus on different tracks with different controllers. It might be worth raising your opinion about it in the Maschine survey and corresponding thread: [Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE

• Jano Bermudes
    Jano Bermudes Member Posts: 4 Member

Fill out the survey - I just did. there is a question about multi-instrument access/focus.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

Wow, really? I can’t remember to have been asked that one :-(

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

The closest thing I've found is that I can have my S49 in keyboard mode and my M+ (in controller mode) in chord mode at the same time (but not vice-versa oddly).

Incidentally so far I can't get my Mikro MK3 to work at the same time as my M+ (in controller mode). Not sure it would be useful but tried just to know.

Haven't confirmed this yet but I'm willing to bet I can connect my S49, Jam and Mikro to be working at the same time via Maschine 2 s/w and then connecting my M+ in standalone as a MIDI controller. In that case I am optimistic that I could for example be running Massive on M+ and a separate Massive (or Massive X or whatever) and effectively be controlling two different synths via different MIDI channels.

I am also trying this configuration untethered over wireless MIDI dongles bridging M+ standalone and the PC. This one is looking a bit tricky but i don't see any reason it can't work in principle.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

FYI I noticed today that my S49 and Mikro MK3 seem to be configurable to keyboard mode and and chords mode independently, something I consider to be quite useful as I can play notes chromatically on the keyboard and trigger chord sets on the Mikro at the same time.