What causes Komplete Kontrol to stop showing instruments?

KennyV9
KennyV9 Member Posts: 16 Member

I have been using Komplete Control for a while, but it just stopped showing instruments when I click the "All Instruments" area. I had it rescan my libraries and that didn't help.

Best Answer

• KennyV9
    Answer ✓

I was finally able to solve this after seeing the recommended methods of repair. I was able to regain function of the Komplete Kontrol interface by deleting this file:

Macintosh HD > Users > "username" > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Shared > favorites.db3

I was looking around and found this with the date I started having issues. And I really like the Komplete Kontrol interface, I missed it.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Are you talking about Factory Content or User Content? Make sure the little “Person” icon at the top is not selected (That displays user saved presets and instruments) also, is this happening in Standalone as well as VST? If seeing in Standalone and not as VST, make sure the Standalone and VST version numbers match! Here is the support article on the subject!!!

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209554889-My-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Browser-is-Empty-or-Incomplete

• KennyV9

I appreciate the info. I did check to see if user data was selected, and it was not. I will try this. I did try loading all the individual instruments so they would scan their libraries and Battery 4 had the same issue. Thanks!

• KennyV9

I tried the above, and it did not fix the situation entirely. It appears to be a Battery 4 issue, or at least that is a part of it. I can run Battery and load files through the menu at the top, but no kits show in the browser. I reinstalled much of the software, and if I load an instrument through the Komplete Kontrol menu it will then show instruments in the browser, but not banks or sounds. I have searched and have found nothing about this problem.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Post some screenshots of the KK and Battery browser and if you can, I am just curious to see what's going on.

What OS are you on?

• KennyV9

I use Mac OS 10.14.6. I was in the middle of creating a piece of music when this started. It was working fine, then Komplete Kontrol would not show instruments in the browser. After I first posted about it, I started loading individual instruments to see if they worked. Battery seemed to be the one with issues, so I am thinking it may be causing the issue with Komplete Kontrol. After trying other methods, I can get some instruments to load, but it is really hard without the interface working correctly. After I load an instrument in Komplete Kontrol through the menu, I can see them in the browser, but the sounds do not show there.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,288 mod

Hey @KennyV9 If you reset the database for Battery 4 and Absynth, the same way you did for Komplete Kontrol, and open them in standalone, do you get the factory kits back in the browser ? If you open Absynth in standalone, are all the presets there ?

• KennyV9

I have tried that. I loaded each individual instrument so they would scan their libraries. Absynth, Massive, Massive X and Kontact all seem to work okay on their own or in my DAW (Cubase Artist 11). So Battery 4 seems to be the one with the issue, and it seems to be an interface issue, as I can load kits through the menu at the top. And I can load instruments into Komplete Kontrol through the menu, too. Then I can use the browser and see instruments, but the sounds don't show, or the different banks. I can still work in my DAW with individual instruments, but it is frustrating since it was working fine before. I moved libraries to an SSD drive about a month ago with no problem, then upgraded from Komplete Select to Komplete a few days ago. All was good, then the wheels fell off the interface.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,288 mod

@KennyV9 I contacted you by email about this, we need to have a closer look to your system and installation.

• KennyV9
    Answer ✓

I was finally able to solve this after seeing the recommended methods of repair. I was able to regain function of the Komplete Kontrol interface by deleting this file:

Macintosh HD > Users > "username" > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Shared > favorites.db3

I was looking around and found this with the date I started having issues. And I really like the Komplete Kontrol interface, I missed it.