New Installation woes

LA Country Boy
LA Country Boy Member Posts: 3 Member

God this is such a pain in the ass.

Image 1: It's the 'default' location. So why is there an exclamation point, prompting some kind of response? You want me to check if it's read only..? It was just installed.

Image 2: Full Access, yet still issues with dependencies each restart. Not a huge deal, but...it's like, "Why do I have to keep allowing it?" - and if that's the case, what's Full Access for?

Plugins not loading. Make sure they're in the right location. Why would they NOT be in the right location on a fresh install? To be clear though, yes they are there exactly where they need to be.

Also why does my FLKey37 work with Massive X and nothing else? Works with Massive.. boxes checked, everything should be a go. Reinstalled diff packages, reinstalled native, restarted my computer.. updated NTKDaemon..

So why does my MPKmini work with everything? All packs, all sounds, all good.

I don't mind lookin like a ****** at the end of it all, if it's something small that I'm just overlooking. Just work! My limited knowledge is exhausted. šŸ˜‘

Best Answer

• LA Country Boy
    Answer āœ“

Oh my god.. this link actually solved the problem.

Installing NTKDaemon 1.9.1 did the trick, at least in my case. Don't know why the Current Native Access Installer doesn't have things working properly and one has to find a separate installer, but whatever - it's fixed. Tested a restart and it went straight to activating products. Booyah

I don't remember seeing these prompts before. So, all this talk about: 'Did you allow Full Access..' 'Make sure Full Access is...' It's obvious now that Full Access ain't gonna do a dang thing unless certain events are given priority. Gonna end it there, because now is not the time for continued frustration - IT'S FIXED!

iMac 2017 Intel i5 / Ventura 13.2

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Giving reading and writing access to your Applications location folder should solve the issue.

Try the following: Finder > Applications > Click right on Native Instruments > Get Info > Everyone - Read & Write

• LA Country Boy

Thanks for your reply Nico, unfortunately it didn't change anything - neither on the Library side, with the exclamation point still being there, or on the installing dependencies part. Just tried multiple times, multiple ways, same thing. Restarted 3 times.. idk.

A month ago I was frustrated and completely removed everything, but figured I would reinstall considering there's still 3 months left for the subscription - hence the delayed response. I did manage to get all controllers working simultaneously, by diving a little deeper into the settings. It was definitely my bad, and a rookie mistake. But it's like, just the 'usability' alone for NI products is not great. The sounds are unbelievable, and the main reason I reinstalled... what these apps allow you to do is just amazing. But I tell you, even in these early stages, where I'm missing very basic stuff, installing too many of this or that.. looking too much into this or that.. even in this stage, there's notmany other issues 'collectively' with other apps I've not been able to troubleshoot.

In any case, this is drawn out enough. Thanks again for your reply. Take care.

• LA Country Boy
    Answer āœ“

Oh my god.. this link actually solved the problem.

Installing NTKDaemon 1.9.1 did the trick, at least in my case. Don't know why the Current Native Access Installer doesn't have things working properly and one has to find a separate installer, but whatever - it's fixed. Tested a restart and it went straight to activating products. Booyah

I don't remember seeing these prompts before. So, all this talk about: 'Did you allow Full Access..' 'Make sure Full Access is...' It's obvious now that Full Access ain't gonna do a dang thing unless certain events are given priority. Gonna end it there, because now is not the time for continued frustration - IT'S FIXED!

iMac 2017 Intel i5 / Ventura 13.2