Purchase decision: Session Guitarist libraries, does it work with Guitar Pro midi files?

Eggman
Eggman Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I found the products called Session Guitarist very interesting (Electric Mint, Picked Nylon, etc.).

What I want to do is to export my Guitar Pro tabs to my DAW to make the RSE sound more realistic by using a Session Guitarist library. My concern is if all my slides, bends, pull-offs, etc., from the Guitar Pro tab will work with this product. Does anyone have experience with Guitar Pro midi files and the Session Guitarist products?

Alternatively, does anyone have the number for the sales department? I realized that would be better.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @Eggman and welcome to the forum. Some of the session guitarist libraries do have a "melody" instruments where you can put your own notes, including Electric Mint and Picked Nylon. The slides, bends and vibratos rely on keyswitches, aftertouch and other parameters. This means that the Guitar Pro MIDI files will not carry these informations. The best would be to check this video presentation and the manual on the product's page, that will give you an idea:

• Eggman

Thank you Jeremy for your help. Perhaps a bit controversial to bring in a product from a competitor, but I just saw that Amber Sounds have built-in functionality to import Guitar Pro tabs in order to play them via the plugin. It would be great if Session Guitarist could have a similar function in the future.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@Eggman Nothing controversial here, I'll forward your idea as a feature request. Thanks for the input!

• Eggman
    edited February 2023

Wonderful! If it can be added in the future then I think you will get a lot of die-hard Guitar Pro customers.

Note, it should be "Ample Sound" and not "Amber Sounds".