Small gap beginning when sample/recording

T-A
T-A Member Posts: 19 Member

I have a small problem that drives me nuts!

when i sample or record my external hardware synths from maschine in standalone i get i small gap in the beginning of the file.. so the "loop" will be out of sync. Same thing when sampling external instruments..... i have tried diffrent buffer sizes, soundcards, pc and mac same problem.... now i am running a mac mini m1 with ventura and a focusrite scarlett.. I use maschine standalone. A manual offset for the midiengine should solve the problem.

PLEASE HELP! :)

Best Answer

• T-A
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI Here is some thoughts i have :)

The "gap" is 300 samples in beginning of every take fluctuating some 4-11 samples so we can say its constant due to the jittery in the midi protocol.My audio buffer is 64 and that gives me Latency of Input:4.8ms Processing 1.5ms Output:3.1ms = Total 9.4ms

So if you take the input + processing you get ca 278 samples + some midi jitter/latency and thats my "gap". One easy non destructive solution would be to after every record take, default to a offset for the sample "play range start" a value based on input+processing buffer with user input if needed.

my workaround now is the above manually.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@T-A Unfortunately as there is no offset available in Maschine, the only way would be to edit the samples once recorded, perhaps making longer loops to make your own loop afterwards. Anyone here has any tips? You might want to add your feature request in here: [Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE

The offset feature request is already known by the devs but it can't hurt to add your voice to the chapter.

• T-A
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI Here is some thoughts i have :)

The "gap" is 300 samples in beginning of every take fluctuating some 4-11 samples so we can say its constant due to the jittery in the midi protocol.My audio buffer is 64 and that gives me Latency of Input:4.8ms Processing 1.5ms Output:3.1ms = Total 9.4ms

So if you take the input + processing you get ca 278 samples + some midi jitter/latency and thats my "gap". One easy non destructive solution would be to after every record take, default to a offset for the sample "play range start" a value based on input+processing buffer with user input if needed.

my workaround now is the above manually.