Help - Path is invalid

bigcatJC
bigcatJC Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2023 in Native Access

I'm transferring all my libraries to a new computer running Windows 11 pro (if that matters). Locating my Kontakt libraries has gone perfectly except for one. I have an old version of Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Ensembles for Kontakt Player (it's now only available for the full version of Kontakt, which I don't own). When I try to locate the library in Native Access, it gives me the "Path is Invalid" error even though I know for certain I chose the folder with the nicnt file. Again, this is the only library I have had any trouble with.

I contacted Kirk Hunter studios and they say it should work and they recommended asking for help here. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• insanerob
    insanerob Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Two things caused this problem for me moving my library from a Mac/removable drive to Win11 HD

• Windows magically made the folder Read-Only. Right-Click, properties, unset read-only, apply to subfolders etc.
    • hidden files - the folders contained lots of small files like ._DSstore , ._Symphobia etc. Delete them if the start with a '.'

Hope it works for you

rOb

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited February 2023

@bigcatJC It seems you don't own a full version of Kontakt and it seems that in the system requirements of the library it states:

• Now Requires Kontakt Retail (sold separately) Version 5.7.1 or higher, NOT the "Player" version. Therefore, the "Add Library", or "Activation" feature is not available. Please note that in the video walkthrough, there may be a mention of being able to run this library with Kontakt's free player version. That is no longer true. This library will only run if you use the FULL version of Kontakt.

Maybe they should have told you this.

You could maybe try this though: How to Add Non-Player Libraries to KONTAKT 7's Browser

• bigcatJC

I bought my version years ago when it was available for Kontakt Player as I said in my original post, and I know that NOW it's only available for the full version. It worked fine in Kontakt Player until I started transferring everything to my new computer. The problem is getting Native Access to acknowledge it's even there.

• Billy D
    Billy D Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I uninstalled Native Access 2, and reinstalled and older version. I was able to install all the programs that weren't installing. The one program that still didn't install I found the download folder where it was located and I unzipped the file and installed it myself. That's how I got around the file location error.

• insanerob
    insanerob Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Two things caused this problem for me moving my library from a Mac/removable drive to Win11 HD

• Windows magically made the folder Read-Only. Right-Click, properties, unset read-only, apply to subfolders etc.
    • hidden files - the folders contained lots of small files like ._DSstore , ._Symphobia etc. Delete them if the start with a '.'

Hope it works for you

rOb

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 840 Guru

If you can download the original version you have again, it may be simpler just to delete the folder and re-download it.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,601 mod

Maybe good advice , by now about a year too late ! 😁 (Ref. : bigcatJC , Feb 2, 2023) (I made a similar blunder myself the other day because another user had made a comment in the thread)

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 840 Guru

Ohhhh riiiight, that whole 2024 that happened a while back. 🤣🤣🤣

• bigcatJC

That's it! Thanks so much, insanerob. Worked like a charm!