Kontakt midi data appears corrupt after sending out script generated notes.

Down_the_Rabbit_Hole
Down_the_Rabbit_Hole Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi,

I've tried exporting VST generated midi notes to a midi track only to get a track with an avalanch of notes across 7 octaves, that even the original VST can't play.

From Session Guitar Picked Nylon I found a pattern/arpegio that I want to use. I recorded a few measures on default settings, triggering the chords and pattern(s).

Then I set Engine>Outside World to "script generated notes". I created a new midi track and set input to Kontakt Event Output, and recorded those measures.

It created midi data, horribly complex, none of which corresponded to the notes of the original chords triggered. When I set this track to be played through Session Guitar it made some sounds of the notes within the playable range, but again, not corresponding to the chords or timing of the original patterns.

Clearly I'm missing something here. Anyone know what it is? Thanks if you can help.

(Cubase 12 Pro, Kontakt 6.7.1 Full, Windows 10)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Down_the_Rabbit_Hole The patterns of this library are scripted. These scripts only make sense within this library, there is way more in it than just an arpeggiator. That's why recording Kontakt's output in this scenario doesn't give you the results you are after. Unfortuantely there is no way around it.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I'm green. Are you writing scripts or writing a song?

I'm learning ... 😎

• Down_the_Rabbit_Hole

I am writing a song. The 'script' is part of the VST plug-in that turns a single key-press into something more, in this case a full chord played arpegio.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 367 Pro

Did you use the Picked Nylon (Melody).nki as your instrument? That's for playing individual notes.

• Down_the_Rabbit_Hole

Yes, Dragon, I'm using Melody. That's not the issue for me, but it's a good point to remember.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Down_the_Rabbit_Hole The patterns of this library are scripted. These scripts only make sense within this library, there is way more in it than just an arpeggiator. That's why recording Kontakt's output in this scenario doesn't give you the results you are after. Unfortuantely there is no way around it.