Cannot locate Arpology, Geosonics and a couple more

Kimbruundk
Kimbruundk Member Posts: 2 Member

I have tried to search this but did not succeed.

I have been away from Maschine for a couple of years but wanted to begin again. I have got a new computer and downloaded Native Access to install all my things on the new computer after uninstalling them all on my old computer.

Downloading and installing went well with a few exeptions among them Arpolgy and Geosonics. Their download buttons says "Locate" instead of "Install". When I press them I can point out, where on the harddrive they are, except they are of course not there, because they have never been dowloaded in the first place.

Have I done anything wrong in the settings when downloading Native Acces and starting to install?

How do I get the last few programs installed?

Best Answer

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 851 Guru
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Kimbruundk

Being "NKS" has nothing to do with this scenario.

For example - I own the superb (and NKS enabled) Albion One from Spitfire Audio. When I purchased it (as a third party instrument for use in Kontakt) - I received download instructions from Spitfire on how to get the software installer and how to add the serial to Native Access.

Then I downloaded and ran THEIR installer, put the Albion library where I needed it to go and then added the serial via Native Access - then I clicked Locate to allow it into the Kontakt universe. All done and ready for use.

Here is another example - from Heavyocity:

This new "Foundations emotive choir" was released a few weeks ago and while Heavocity is a huge Native Instruments partner - I still need to use their "Portal" app to install this instrument and then activate it (serial is below the big red bar) within Native Access. This serial then gets bonded to my acct - but if I need to reinstall in the future - I have to use this Portal app to get the actual package to install - not Native Access

The point is - these types of plugins are not (and will never be) accessible, upgradable or installable via Native Access as this product is not maintained (OR sold) by Native Instruments. It is simply activated via Native Access.

And yes - you are correct - if you previously registered Arpology and Geosonics serials via Native Access - then those serials is now tied to your NI acct - so you are all good there.

But you still need to get installers for these two libraries. To my knowledge (except for maybe some Sonic Couture stuff) there is no possibility of downloading any third-party libraries via Native Access - only full (Branded) Native Instruments products (Like those within Komplete 13 for example) can be downloaded directly from NA2.

Also wondering about your reference to Arpology - I have an instrument named the same from Sample Logic - but it does not require Native Access at all. Maybe I am referencing a different instrument than you?

Cheers

VP

Answers

• Vocalpoint

I am assuming that both of these are third party products (That appear in Kontakt with a selectable tile on the Libraries view?) and as such - they will not have installers accessible via Native Access.

You will need to get the installers (AND your all important serial numbers) from the respective vendors - install them and then use the Native Access to add the serial AND "locate" where the software lives so it can activate them for use.

VP

• Kimbruundk
    Kimbruundk Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

Yes, they are third party products, but are installed through Native Access as they are NKS. When looking at the developer's webpages they tell that you just install it via Native Access. The products are alreday registred and have been used before, but will not install on my new computer.

You can only register a product once, and then you should be able to install it from Native Access.

Thanks again

Kim

• Vocalpoint
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Kimbruundk

Being "NKS" has nothing to do with this scenario.

For example - I own the superb (and NKS enabled) Albion One from Spitfire Audio. When I purchased it (as a third party instrument for use in Kontakt) - I received download instructions from Spitfire on how to get the software installer and how to add the serial to Native Access.

Then I downloaded and ran THEIR installer, put the Albion library where I needed it to go and then added the serial via Native Access - then I clicked Locate to allow it into the Kontakt universe. All done and ready for use.

Here is another example - from Heavyocity:

This new "Foundations emotive choir" was released a few weeks ago and while Heavocity is a huge Native Instruments partner - I still need to use their "Portal" app to install this instrument and then activate it (serial is below the big red bar) within Native Access. This serial then gets bonded to my acct - but if I need to reinstall in the future - I have to use this Portal app to get the actual package to install - not Native Access

The point is - these types of plugins are not (and will never be) accessible, upgradable or installable via Native Access as this product is not maintained (OR sold) by Native Instruments. It is simply activated via Native Access.

And yes - you are correct - if you previously registered Arpology and Geosonics serials via Native Access - then those serials is now tied to your NI acct - so you are all good there.

But you still need to get installers for these two libraries. To my knowledge (except for maybe some Sonic Couture stuff) there is no possibility of downloading any third-party libraries via Native Access - only full (Branded) Native Instruments products (Like those within Komplete 13 for example) can be downloaded directly from NA2.

Also wondering about your reference to Arpology - I have an instrument named the same from Sample Logic - but it does not require Native Access at all. Maybe I am referencing a different instrument than you?

Cheers

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Vocalpoint Thanks for the clear explanation!

I would just add this, Native Access also provides installation for some NKS products but only for the ones we sell on the NKS store: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/nks-partners/

Arpology and Geosonics are not sold on our website, so you will need to download the libraries on the third party manufacturers, Sample Logic and Soniccouture.