Kontakt 7 and Factory Library 2 missing content on install

Apama
Apama Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2023 in Native Access

Macbook Pro user. I've been struggling to get the install looking like what is shown in tutorials. A bunch of troubleshooting fixes throughout these pages (disk permissions, trashing pref files) have been attempted to no avail.

This is what I see when Kontakt opens. There are no images on the library side.

When "instrument rack/content browser" button next to the word KONTAKT is clicked this comes up. These are the instruments that come with KONTAKT, but not the library, correct?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

I have the macbook partitioned, and have a folder on my media half where I intend to keep samples. I am getting "That path is invalid" on installing other content. The drives are both formatted APFS.

Full disk access is set like this:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

The Kontakt 7 library has 897 presets:

The other icons than the Kontakt one you see here and you see in the video are icons for other Kontakt libraries.

Now, to reset the database for the old brower so it shows the library:

1. Hold down the alt key on your computer's keyboard and click Go in the Finder menu bar. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    1. Navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments.
    2. Depending on the KONTAKT version you are using, delete the following folder:
    3. KONTAKT 5: "Kontakt 5"
    4. KONTAKT 6: "Kontakt"
    5. KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"
    6. Start KONTAKT as a standalone application (not in your DAW).

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

First of all, try to open Kontakt in standalone. Check the the Kontakt Factory Library shows. In this view, it will show under Libraries:

And in this view you need to click on the Kontakt icon to highlight it and it will show the available presets:

Once you checked in Kontakt in standalone you can close and open in Logic.

• Apama

This is in stand alone KONTAKT. The library still isn't showing up.

The other view looks the same when Kontakt is highlighted.

I also just tried downloading to an exterior drive as I was getting error messages about disk space. On the external drive, the download happens, but the "installation" keeps failing.

• Apama
    edited February 2023

Update: After reading through installation errors I did a restart and the library fully finished installing on the external. It had 2 more gigs than my previous install, but the interface in the standalone version looks exactly the same as the previous images posted. There are 894 presets displayed. It looks nothing like the tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cANXrimv8C8

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

The Kontakt 7 library has 897 presets:

The other icons than the Kontakt one you see here and you see in the video are icons for other Kontakt libraries.

Now, to reset the database for the old brower so it shows the library:

1. Hold down the alt key on your computer's keyboard and click Go in the Finder menu bar. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    1. Navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments.
    2. Depending on the KONTAKT version you are using, delete the following folder:
    3. KONTAKT 5: "Kontakt 5"
    4. KONTAKT 6: "Kontakt"
    5. KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"
    6. Start KONTAKT as a standalone application (not in your DAW).