Play & Record button doesn't work - Logic Pro x

deep c
deep c Member Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2023 in Maschine

Hi,

This might be a silly question, my play & record button don't work on the controller. I'm trying to set the controller up in logic pro 10.73. Id like to be able to press play & record on the Mark 3 controller.

I have a Komplete Kontrol set up and that all works fine, i have to press record on maschine first then play on Konplete kontrol for it to work..

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@deep c That's weird, it should definitely work out of the box and should give you the mixer functions on top. If you ever want to try and fix it, we're here.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@deep c It should work straight out of the box in Logic. Have you installed the Maschine software? Is it all working as expected?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Logic and Maschine: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Restart your computer. When opening Logic you should get a prompt asking if you xwant to connect the Mk3, say yes.

It should then show in Control Surfaces -> Set up

Now transport should work, as well as the mixer functions.

• deep c

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your response, yeah I had the software installed before I bought mashine…I’ve done all in your response but couldn’t seem to find a solution..I found a template on a you tube video and installed that..it all works fine now!

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@deep c That's weird, it should definitely work out of the box and should give you the mixer functions on top. If you ever want to try and fix it, we're here.

• Stemphonyx
    Stemphonyx Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Same for me. if I launch logic with Maschine mk3 on, it works. I can press play and control the host. However as soon as I launch Maschine 2 within Logic Pro, the button play, stop and restart on Maschine mk3 and stop working. However, Play and Stop work on Komplete kontrol s88.

Can you help?

• Jeremy_NI

@Stemphonyx When in a DAW the DAW takes over the play/stop/restart functions.

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 130 Advisor

If I recall this depends on the template being used, can't you use Controller Editor and make the DAW transport not be used anymore? I'm pretty sure i've set it up so that the play/record/etc only affect Maschine again.

• deep c

Hi,

I have set mine up following these two videos, and use the template provided in the midi video.

https://youtu.be/AoNyQOEvRyI?si=XT-mbszQivO-f9zy