can you have a look at vst3 ver of fm8 arp please

simon yates
simon yates Member Posts: 6 Member

updated to vst3 ver and when i try to play back parts which use arp they seem out of sync

using cubase 12 on win 11 on amd 16 core 128 ram ssd drives

tried adjusting start point but getting no result . use this feature so much so causing alot of probs. gui size is very important too and could be added i hope.

guitar rig 6 has never loaded in cubase and shows up as blocked in plugin manager .refuses to enable. thanks for all the stuff that works tho

regards simon

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

Have you tried the steps in the article i posted? GUITAR RIG Crashes at Startup

It does more in your case than reinstalling.

VST3 does not overwrite vst2, they are both there. Cubase will prioritise vst3.

You can use the vst2 by deleting or putting rthis file in another location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Fm8.vst3

• simon yates
    Answer ✓

fixed fm8 prob ... any reloaded track which has 16 steps loads as 15 steps ... 4, 8, 32 steps dont have this problem .. just have to check all songs and change back to 16 steps

• simon yates
    Answer ✓

gr6 fixed using

1. C: > Users > Username > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    2. Note: The "AppData" folder is hidden on Windows. See this article for instructions to access hidden folders on Windows.
    3. Locate the GUITAR RIG folder and delete it. In this example, we delete the folder for Guitar Rig 6.

thanks for your help

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

i can´t reproduce it, the arp runs as you´d expect it to. Also GR6 opens and runs on my machine like it should. You can check for versions in cubase plugin manager, maybe the versions differ, i mean vst to stand alone.

• Jeremy_NI

@simon yates If you go back to the vst2 version of FM8 does the problem still occur?

For Guitar rig 6, are you able to open it in standalone? Have you tried these steps? GUITAR RIG Crashes at Startup

Can you check the version of GR6 in Cubase, is it the same as in standalone?

• simon yates

cant go back to vst2 fm8 as vst3 overwrote it

reinstalled gr6 and tried standalone but would not open

cubase still blocks it and refuses to reactivate

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

vst2 will not be overwritten by vst3, cubase just prefers vst3, but it's hard to tell what's going on without a remote session and some analysis. If you contact support, they can do that or analyze your computer with an app and help you that way. Could also be a permission issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Have you tried the steps in the article i posted? GUITAR RIG Crashes at Startup

It does more in your case than reinstalling.

VST3 does not overwrite vst2, they are both there. Cubase will prioritise vst3.

You can use the vst2 by deleting or putting rthis file in another location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Fm8.vst3

• simon yates
    Answer ✓

fixed fm8 prob ... any reloaded track which has 16 steps loads as 15 steps ... 4, 8, 32 steps dont have this problem .. just have to check all songs and change back to 16 steps

• simon yates
    Answer ✓

gr6 fixed using

1. C: > Users > Username > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    2. Note: The "AppData" folder is hidden on Windows. See this article for instructions to access hidden folders on Windows.
    3. Locate the GUITAR RIG folder and delete it. In this example, we delete the folder for Guitar Rig 6.

thanks for your help

• simon yates

must reactivate from cubase blocked list in plugin manager afterwards