Komplete Audio 6 Mk 1 works on old MacBook Pro but not my Mac mini

dg9377
dg9377 Member Posts: 5 Member

I have a Komplete Audio 6 Mk 1 with firmware update 45.

It works perfectly on my older mid 2009 MacBookPro running Yosemite 10.10.5.

But it won't work, no input light or input sound on my Mac Mini late 2014 running Monterey 12.6.3. The input light does work while the mini is booting up but once it is fully booted up there is no input light or sound.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

Where do you experience the lack of sound? Are you able to select the KA6 as the output for the Mac? Can you play videos on Youtube for example and get sound on the soundcard?

I assume you already have tried to update the firmware from here?

Device Updater 1.7.0 - Mac OS X

If you put an instrument in one of the inputs, can you hear it in the headphones? Input 1/2 and 3/4, no sound? Even if you switch the monitor ?

Have you tried to connect the KA6 to another USB port, directly in a USB port of your mac?

• dg9377

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried all of the USB ports on the Mini. The KA6 is connected directly and I've tried different cables.

The KA6 input light flashes as it should as long as the Mini is booting up and the USB light is flashing.

But as soon as the USB light goes steady, the input light stops flashing or any sound going through.

Works perfectly on my old MacBook Pro but not the Mini.

David

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

Monterey

Important Notes

• Only current generation class-compliant devices are supported in these macOS systems. These devices do not require a driver installation and work simply by connecting them to the computer.

Komplete Audio Interfaces

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS?_ga=2.254807885.436234766.1671878074-244481092.1671878073

• dg9377

Thank you.

• Gee_Flat

Don't thank me yet. I missed the part about MK1 in your post.

• dg9377

I'm just puzzled that it would work perfectly on the old 2009 MacBookPro but not the 2014 Mini.

I've seen the other way around, works on new but not old but not works on old but not new.

FYI, firmware 45.

Thank you,

David

• dg9377

The Mac Mini recognizes the KA6 Mk 1 as both input and output sound devices in system preferences.

It does not show up in privacy so I can enable it.

Reaper recognizes the KA6 as a valid sound device and will play back media files. It just won't record.

On playback in Reaper, the green light on the Mini shows the varying volume but I can't get any sound out of any jack. Turning the big volume control shows it having an effect on volume.

If I set the Mini to KA6 input and the default device out, no output of the Mini speakers or headphone jack.

Volume control on the Mini and KA6 are all the way up.

Being close is frustrating :)

Thanks to all of you trying to help.

David

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

Apple computers are just overrated and over priced hunks of metal and plastic. No different than any other computer.

There's a Win7 driver that works up to W10. 😉

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@dg9377 Can you check that all your audio software has access to the microphone?

macOS Dialog: “*App Name* would like to access the microphone."

If you do that for Reaper, do you get sound form the input?