Upgrading from Komplete 13 Select to Komplete 14 Standard: Is it possible?

Options
Joshua Benton
Joshua Benton Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hello everyone! I am new here and need assistance!

I was trying to find contact info for Native directly but could not find anything, so now I am here. Please be aware of my ignorance for this is all new to me.

I am on the cusp of buying a refurbished S88 Mk2 from Native on Reverb for a great deal but it comes with Komplete 13 Select. I already know I want Komplete 14 Standard, and also know that you can go from Komplete 14 Select and upgrade for a discounted price.

Can the same thing be done when trying to upgrade form Komplete 13 Select to Komplete 14 Standard?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

1) Yes, there is no difference between versions, you may upgrade to Komplete 14 from any version of Komplete Select. And upgrade for the same price. It is not more expensive to upgrade from older versions.

2) My guess is, you will get Komplete 14 Select, not Komplete 13 Select with K88. New owner gets current version, not the version seller has.

3) Be carefull, you should get Licence Transfer Code if it is secondhand sale. But it is not 100% cases, under certain conditions NI unblocks Licence and one provides you with Licence Number.

Better to ask the seller, if they have Licence Transfer Code ready. And they should say, either yes, or we are waiting, or we will ask or it was not possible and NI has unblocked the Licence Number and I will provide it instead Licence Transfer.

I would be cautious if they just say they will provide Licence Number. It may indicate, they do not know how to transfer licence, or they do not want or cannot transfer the licence and sort of cheat.

• Joshua Benton
    Options

@Kubrak thanks for this!

luckily the sale is straight from Native Instruments online store.

i think I will pull the trigger! You response was exactly what I needed.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

@Joshua Benton

I have S88 mk1 and I like. I cannot compare to other hammer keyboards as this is the first one, but for me the feel is much better than semi weighted. I had S61 mk1 and still have S25.

One more thing. If your budget is tight it might be good to wait with upgrade a little. There will be most probably regular Summer Sale in June. And upgrades used to be halfprice that time. No guarantie, but it is like that at least for last five years.... Komplete Select could do for few months till then....

• Joshua Benton
    Options

@Kubrak wise advice! I might just do that!