Komplete 13 on 4 computers?

Georgi Ivanov
Georgi Ivanov Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi

I'm recently bought a new MacBook and I am interested in knowing whether I can use Native Instruments' Komplete 13 on all my 4 machines?

I am aware that I can install it on 3 computers at the same time, but what about 4?

Is there a way of deactivating a license on a computer and activating in on a another one similar to the way it's done with Adobe software for example?

I can't seem to find any information about this.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

George

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer βœ“

As @Kubrak said, you'll have to uninstall from one computer and reinstall on the other one πŸ‘

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer βœ“

Our EULA is pretty clear on this part:

Licensee may install and personally use the licensed software on three devices (e.g. one computer, one laptop, one workstation), provided that the said software is used only on one device regularly. Simultaneous use on more than one hardware device is not permitted. The Products may not be used on a network by multiple users, unless each user possesses a license. In case Licensee changes the hardware, all software on the hardware used must be deleted.

If you want to use it on a all 4 computer, you need another license.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

You cannot deactivate it, you have to uninstall it. And it is sort of tedious (on Win) to difficult (on OS).

I think NI does not check if it is on 3 or 4 computers and just trusts you.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer βœ“

As @Kubrak said, you'll have to uninstall from one computer and reinstall on the other one πŸ‘

• Georgi Ivanov
    Georgi Ivanov Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Well what shall I do if I want to use them on all 4 computers?

Create a new account and buy Komplete 13 again?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer βœ“

Our EULA is pretty clear on this part:

Licensee may install and personally use the licensed software on three devices (e.g. one computer, one laptop, one workstation), provided that the said software is used only on one device regularly. Simultaneous use on more than one hardware device is not permitted. The Products may not be used on a network by multiple users, unless each user possesses a license. In case Licensee changes the hardware, all software on the hardware used must be deleted.

If you want to use it on a all 4 computer, you need another license.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    edited February 2022

3 computers is pretty generous as is, Waves gives you only 1 computer unless you constantly pay them a subscription (grrr, hate Waves!), most software companies allow only 1 or 2 systems to install.

If you can afford 4 production computers, probably can shell out for an additional license.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor

Most companies allow 2-3. iLok licenses are generally 2, and sometimes 3 (Avid, Softube, UVI, etc.).

DAW developers and NLEs are generally 2 (MOTU, Adobe, etc.) with some going to 3 (Steinberg's new Licensing System).

1 Install is an anachronism (Steinberg eLicenser, Exponential Audio (iLok), etc.) and that is generally fading away. Waves sticking to 1 is a way to guarantee as much WUP revenue as possible. Generally I buy the 1-3 waves plugins that I like twice and use it that way, ignoring WUP. I only use like 3 of their plug-ins. Nothing else is installed.

If they ever fall out of support (of Windows/Waves Central), I can easily replace them with other stuff. I have fallbacks.