Installation of Electric Mint fails - How do I uninstall what hasn't been installed yet?

mchriston
mchriston Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi there,

I have just updated my NI Komplete 13 Standard to 14, primarily because I wanted Electric Mint and for the few extra pounds it was worth upgrading the lot.

Ironically, everything has installed fine ...except Electric Mint :-(

Installation fails with the error message "An error was encountered while trying to remove the previous installation..." with a link to the Registry uninstall tool.

I've had this issue before with other NI plugins and used that tool successfully. However...

1) I have never been able to install Electric Mint so there is no 'previous installation' and,

2) The registry edit tool does not list Electric Mint

So I am stuck! :-(

Please help, thanks.

Michael

Best Answer

• mchriston
    Answer ✓

UPDATE: I contacted NI support. explained all and they sent me an ISO file directly. Problem fixed!

Great service, thank you!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Hey Michael, I see that you contacted our support regarding this. Someone should get back to you soon. I could not help more here, I would have just suggested to contact our support, which you already did. Maybe another user had the same issue and would like to share his experience?

• mchriston

Thanks Jeremy - Yes, I did, thanks for noticing that. Hopefully they can help and I'll then share the solution here just in case it's relevant to someone else. Of course, if another user knows the answer in the meantime, I'm all ears! 😀

• mchriston
    Answer ✓

UPDATE: I contacted NI support. explained all and they sent me an ISO file directly. Problem fixed!

Great service, thank you!