Kontatk crash on M1 in Logic and Luna

bpiacente
bpiacente Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Kontakt (latest version) is crashing on my M1 Mac Mini when trying to instantiate in both Logic and Luna. Anyone else? Solutions? Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,314 mod
    Answer ✓

Does it also crash when you open Kontakt in standalone ? If you follow these steps, does it fix the issue ?

KONTAKT Crashes

• bpiacente
    bpiacente Member Posts: 2 Member

That did the trick! Thanks! Hey on another note, I am looking for a really good set of pads. Usable thick Nord like pads. What do you suggest? Thanks again!

• Jeremy_NI

Well, did you check Analog Dreams and Ethereal Earth? There are some pretty nice pads in there.

• thewild1
    thewild1 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hey I am having a problem with Logic Pro X (M1 chip). Kontakt (latest version) is crashing on my M1 Mac Mini when trying to instantiate in both Logic. I followed the link you included and it still didn't fix the problem. I updated my Mac and Logic and both aren't fixing the issue.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @thewild1 Do you know what version was installed before ? Was it 6.7.0 ?

• jklos
    jklos Member Posts: 7 Member

I'm having the same issue. Tried deleting the files and folders that Jeremy suggested but no luck.

• Jeremy_NI

@jklos Do the crashes happen in Kontakt in standalone as well?

• jklos

Yeah they do. I've been in contact with support but I only get replies every few weeks. I tried all these steps that i got from the support team.

1. From the Finder, hold Shift+Command+G

2. In the window that appears, type or copy and paste the following text:

~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/

3. Move the Kontakt Application folder to the trash.

4. Again, hold Shift+Command+G

5. In the window that appears, type or copy and paste the following text:

~/Library/Preferences/

6. Move the file called "com.native-instruments.Kontakt Application.plist" to the trash.

7. Empty the trash and then restart your computer.

8. After your computer restarts, open Kontakt as a standalone application. Does Kontakt still crash?

I'm still getting crashes after I tried these steps.

• Jeremy_NI

@jklos I see, we'll make sure you get a reply as soon as possible and that the issue is being taken care of faster.

• jklos
    Answer ✓

They just got back to me. It turns out that using a Network drive is not recommended for NI sample libraries. I'm switching over to a thunderbolt drive enclosure to store my SSD's so hoping that will be the fix. Thank you.

• Jeremy_NI

@jklos Thanks for the additional info, that could be helpful for other users out there.