Anyone figured out MIDI routing for Controllling M+ with an SPD-SX (in pad mode)?

gargar
gargar Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to use the SPD-SX as a midi controller so that I can play M+ kits/groups using the drum pad. I have figured out how to use the SPD to play a synth and instruments that use keyboard mode on M+, but I am looking to have the SPD play different pads of a group in pad mode.

Every YouTube video I've seen is for a keyboard controller, which doesn't address the "Pad Mode" thing. I'm also having trouble finding any documentation about all the MIDI settings for both devices, but I think I have a handle on them for the most part.

The main problem seems to be that on the SPD, When I go to the Menu->Setup->MIDI menu, the Global channel here overwrites the setting for pad channel if you go to MENU->KIT->Pad channel. So If I have global set to channel 1, and I try and make each pad on the SPD a different MIDI channel that corresponds to the M+ sound MIDI channel, nothing happens. If I turn this channel off and then nothing works.

Has anyone figured this out? Would love to know I/O midi setting on M+ and also midi setting on SPD if possible.

Thank you!

Gar

Best Answer

• gargar
    Answer ✓

NVM I have figured it out. In Group settings on M+ make sure you select Routing Mode to drum kit. Also, for anyone else trying this, make sure you select SPD Controller not SPD MIDI on the in sounds input menu.

Answers

• gargar
    Answer ✓

NVM I have figured it out. In Group settings on M+ make sure you select Routing Mode to drum kit. Also, for anyone else trying this, make sure you select SPD Controller not SPD MIDI on the in sounds input menu.