I'm in Canada and want to buy an S88 from Amazon, will I still get the Komplete 14 software?

GeoffDD
GeoffDD Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi, the advert on Amazon states that the keyboard will come with Komplete 12 select. (This is a new keyboard and not used) Will this automatically be upgraded to 14 given that this is a new purchase?

I'm looking at the Amazon listing as I suspect the product is already in Canada. If I order from the NI webstore (same price), will it ship from Germany or does NI stock the product in Canada?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    Answer ✓

I cannot guarantie, but in my experience one gets the version that is current at the time of registration (not sale or even HW release).

I have bought seconhand D2 and did not register it (and it was not registered by previous owner). Few years later I have registered it and received current version of Traktor.

If you want to be sure, ask NI Support, what version you will get.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

Long and McQuade is out of stock. But that listing on Amazon comes with Komplete 12 Select, not 14.

You might be happier with 12 if you'd like to get Kontakt 6 before upgrading. But maybe they don't honour the old software and automatically give you 14.

Inquire

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Haha, sorry, just realized I repeated everything you said 😊

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    Answer ✓

I cannot guarantie, but in my experience one gets the version that is current at the time of registration (not sale or even HW release).

I have bought seconhand D2 and did not register it (and it was not registered by previous owner). Few years later I have registered it and received current version of Traktor.

If you want to be sure, ask NI Support, what version you will get.

• GeoffDD
    GeoffDD Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks! Yes I think I'll need to contact support and get an answer directly from them. I thought they might answer directly here, but I think this is for the broader community.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Yes, when you register it you will get the same product in the current version to download through Native Access, probably K14 Select.