Komplete Kontrol plugin dropping saved state and opening blank when transferring between computers

CJ Barrow
CJ Barrow Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi all! Happy New Year!

I've searched the forums and couldn't find this particular issue addressed, but I'm running into an issue with Komplete Kontrol AU plugin instances when I transfer Logic files between computers.

I'll set up a Kontakt instance within a Komplete Kontrol plugin, then save the Logic file and transfer it to another computer. When I open the Logic file on the second computer, the Komplete Kontrol plugins all load with blank instances.

Is there a setting I'm missing to save that data in the transfer? I often prefer to use the Komplete Kontrol plugin over the Kontakt plugin for ease of searching and the sound previews (and I also have a KK61 and enjoy the auto-mapping).

KK software is on 2.8.0+25 on both machines, running as an AU in Logic 10.7.4 in Rosetta (on both machines). OS is 12.6 on both machines as well. Happy to provide any additional details necessary.

Thanks!

CJ

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@LukeKeywalker We need to get a deeper look into this. Please contact my colleagues here to see if this behaviour can be avoided: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol Don't forget to include the result of our support tool to speed up the process.

• CJ Barrow
    Answer ✓

Hey all. OP here. The problem I was running into has seemingly been resolved with the latest Komplete Kontrol update (2.9.4). Still running into other inconsistent issues with Kontakt, but the major issue of migrating from a Komplete Kontrol Kontakt 6 instance on one computer to a Komplete Kontrol Kontakt 7 instance on another is now seemingly solved. Will post if I run into any more related issues.

Took a few months but we got there! Thanks all!

Answers

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

I am finding this with KK even on one computer. For example, I save a Logic file with several instances of KK with instruments loaded. When I open the Logic file later some of the loaded instruments have disappeared!! I think the latest update of KK to 2.8.1 on 7/12/22 has some major problems.

• CJ Barrow

A quick update: I'm not sure if this has completely solved the issue, but I realized computer 1 had Kontakt 7 PLAYER installed and computer 2 only had Kontakt 6 (full version) installed.

Komplete Kontrol defaults to the newest version on Kontakt when loading instruments, so I guess computer 2 couldn't figure out how to revert the KK Kontakt 7 Player instrument back to Kontakt 6 and just decided to completely unload the instrument.

I just disabled the Kontakt 7 plugin in KK preferences on computer 1 since I haven't upgraded to Kontakt 7 yet, and need the full version of Kontakt for many of my libraries. But that seems to have solved the issue, at least for now. (Although I haven't tested very thoroughly yet.) I'll update if I run into more issues in the future.

Keith, I'm not sure this would solve your issue since you're working on the same computer, but if you're running into issues with loading OLDER files from when you may have been on a previous version of Kontakt, then that may be something worth investigating.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

Thanks CJ. That's a good point. It looks as thought there are a few problems with the latests KK that NI need to rapidly get to grips with and issue an update that doesn't break things with other libraries.

• Jeremy_NI

@CJ Barrow The Kontakt team is looking in the issue. There are some know issues when using a previous full version and a newer player version. One question, was this happening with any type of libraries or only non Player libraries? Ni libraries?

• CJ Barrow

@Jeremy_NI Hey Jeremy, thanks for the response. It was happening with most KK plugin instances. I didn't catch any patterns as to which libraries were working correctly vs. not. But I do know there were multiple instances of Rise & Hit that were unloading, so my guess is the issue affected any type of library, Player or non.

• LukeKeywalker
    LukeKeywalker Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2023

Having the same problem here in our composer team. After saving a project and reopening on same computer and system leaves some random KK instruments (mostly the same) empty. We even resaved and reloaded every single instance in Kontakt 7 and latest KK. Saving all instruments even as channel strip settings. Still the same problem occurs.

Using all the latest software (kontakt 7 full) and latest Logic and latest macOS. Happens exactly the same on the computer of my colleague too. We are going crazy here...

Please help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@LukeKeywalker We need to get a deeper look into this. Please contact my colleagues here to see if this behaviour can be avoided: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol Don't forget to include the result of our support tool to speed up the process.

• LukeKeywalker

Ok Jeremy, I did it!

thanks

• LukeKeywalker

Anyone any news here? I am in contact with the support and they seem not have heard of this problem yet.

Gonna keep you posted.

• LukeKeywalker

Hey guys,

Yesterday I build a new Logic template from scratch with all my instruments from my old template (to avoid possibility that in my old template was trouble hiding) and after loading the new template three times in a row, some KK instruments started to go missing again. Without any message or error - just an empty KK all of a sudden.

You can't even spot them.

I have to try every single instrument in my template before starting to work to make sure everything is there where it belongs... terrible!

• LukeKeywalker

...it occurs mainly after a reboot of the computer.

• Jeremy_NI

@LukeKeywalker It looks like you didn't get a reply for a while from our support. Someone will get back to you shortly.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Everything above has been happening to me on and off for a few years. I don't use KK software ever. And now that I read this I know its not the project file because I run Cubase not Logic.

I'm guessing it has to do with computer memory. Not lack of, but something far beyond my comprehension.

• LukeKeywalker
    edited February 2023

I start to doubt it. Silence in the support after you provided them all the asked informations and more is almost as frustrating as a product which is not working and kills your time in a tight schedule.

Everything is build around KK - hardware and software - and it never works without issues...

• Jeremy_NI

@LukeKeywalker My colleagues got back to you, we're also waiting updates from the development team. I'm sorry this is no excuse. Your frustration is understandable but please avoid this kind of language, we are trying to keep this space civil.