Morph between samples using aftertouch

fernap3
fernap3 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all! Is it possible in Kontakt to trigger a sample with NoteOn, then morph to another sample based on aftertouch?

I am sampling my JV-1080 which has some nice aftertouch effects that I'd like to capture. Would the best way be to use group volume automation controlled by aftertouch?

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

I wouldn't call it morphing, although there is the AET effect at the group level which does morph through zones.

Generally yeah, apply the 'mono aftertouch' to the specific 'Group' Amplifier with 'Edit all Groups' disabled.

But let's say you have two groups(main group and aftertouch group) and you want both groups to be affected by an LFO as AT is applied. You would add the LFO - at the Amp level - to both groups with 'Edit All Groups' enabled. Then add an AT modulator to the LFO at the modulation level and select Intensity.

It's all in the book.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

I wouldn't call it morphing, although there is the AET effect at the group level which does morph through zones.

Generally yeah, apply the 'mono aftertouch' to the specific 'Group' Amplifier with 'Edit all Groups' disabled.

But let's say you have two groups(main group and aftertouch group) and you want both groups to be affected by an LFO as AT is applied. You would add the LFO - at the Amp level - to both groups with 'Edit All Groups' enabled. Then add an AT modulator to the LFO at the modulation level and select Intensity.

It's all in the book.