Maschine Jam - No Lights on Touchstrips in MIDI Mode

velanche
velanche Member Posts: 41 Member

Greets:

I ran into this issue before, and this time I am hoping to not have to do the workaround I did.

I'm not sure how or when, but at some point while using Maschine Jam in MIDI mode via the Mackie Light protocol, the lights on the touchstrips no longer appear. So far as I can tell, I'm otherwise able to control all of the other mapped buttons, and I still can control the faders and pan the knobs. The lights on the trouchstrips are useful for keeping tabs of the volume level.

Last time this has happened, I ended up adding a new MCL template, and the lights do show. I'd rather not have to do that, because I also mapped a number of buttons, and I'd like to avoid that.

Hope the solution is relatively simple. Thanks.

Best Answer

• velanche
    Answer ✓

@Uwe303 Thanks for the reply. I wasn't thrilled that I had to do that, because it seems that eventually I should expect something to break, and this is the process that appears needs to happen if I want to restore the settings.

It appears that not only the touch strips lights no longer appeared, but the flip button no longer allowed those same touch strips to pan the tracks.

I did make a new template, this time exporting it as a separate file. That brought back the light, but it was also when I found the flip option inoperable. Once I deleted and created a new instance of the Mackie Control in Logic's control surface settings, the flip button works as expected.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

maybe try to save your changed preset and reload that, plus add new to your DAW as mackie control.

• velanche
    Answer ✓

@Uwe303 Thanks for the reply. I wasn't thrilled that I had to do that, because it seems that eventually I should expect something to break, and this is the process that appears needs to happen if I want to restore the settings.

It appears that not only the touch strips lights no longer appeared, but the flip button no longer allowed those same touch strips to pan the tracks.

I did make a new template, this time exporting it as a separate file. That brought back the light, but it was also when I found the flip option inoperable. Once I deleted and created a new instance of the Mackie Control in Logic's control surface settings, the flip button works as expected.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Maybe it's a logic thing, i did not read in your first post, that you tried to delete the MCU in logic and add it new, without deleting the midi template for jam.

• velanche

@Uwe303 Yeah, I think it's a Logic issue. Not sure where to pin it down to, but clearly the reset with removing and reinstalling the Launchpad Pro help made things work again. I'll just see if it holds, knowing how to deal with it again if it doesn't hold, then maybe submit feedback to Apple, etc.

Thanks again!