Traktor S4 MK3 in 2023?

Hey everyone!

I currently have an S8 and used to have an S2 Mk2 and also a Maschine Mk2 as an effects controller and drumpad/sampler.

My question is, would it be worth going over to the S4 Mk3. It's been tempting to look into the DDJ1000 or even the Denon DJ SC Live 4 (standalone). But honestly I'd like to stay with Traktor. My other main I guess gripe would be not knowing if they'll be releasing more dj gear in the coming year. As I don't want to end up buying gear before finding out I could have held off a bit longer for something updated!

My other question would be. If I do get the Mk4. Would I be able to map something to control the FX unit parameter wet/dry/volume of the effect ? This is in particular with the knob/filters below the EQ section. As I'd like to normally have the effect on but not as harsh for a cleaner mix.

Any help and advice is much appreciated!! :D

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Niotakis
    Michael Niotakis Member Posts: 54 Helper

TP4=MK4? 🤔

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

My other question would be. If I do get the Mk4. Would I be able to map something to control the FX unit parameter wet/dry/volume of the effect ? This is in particular with the knob/filters below the EQ section. As I'd like to normally have the effect on but not as harsh for a cleaner mix.

FX controls of the S4Mk3 are exactly like on the S8 (four knobs, four buttons, twice).

MixerFX don´t have mappable controls, except for that one HP/LP filter knob that you also use to switch it on. It's a take it or leave it approach i guess.

Personally i don't much use the MixerFX at all. A bummer that they are not integrated into the rest of the FX suite. If this is what made you consider the S4Mk3 alone, i wouldn't do it. And if you don't want or need the Jogwheels but want something smaller than the S8, you can always try to find an S5.

I have no comments regarding non-Traktor hardware.

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor

Traktor users are always the same, they don't want to leave the German discipline :) The year 2023 will be a bit of a mess. In fact, all brands have introduced their new devices, but there will be updates. There is no sound even though it is left behind in the legendary tractor brand. You will get a device and everything will be a surprise. it's best to go with the current setup and get through this year. As a modular setup user, I am always afraid when buying x1, f1 devices. maybe these problems won't exist if NI company moves forward with transparency and determination.

• DJEccentric
    DJEccentric Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

2024 & still hoping & waiting! :(

it’s long overdue… I want a new setup for Traktor… the S4Mk3 would be so nice with some updates… bigger screens, bigger jogs, IMO, pads could be smaller, but some like the drum pad style…

hot swappable line for rotary levels (you’d kill the market w/ that option)…

so many possibilities if they would jump at the chance…

there’s still a lot of us who don’t want to jump to the ‘industry standard’ hardware when we love the industry’s best software, but we are overdue for an update…