Loops not working when loaded in group

Filip
Filip Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2023 in Maschine

Hello,

I have a problem with loops, when being loaded to a group. The loops are playing fine, when i browse then, but when i load them to a group / sound and when i press the pad (i'm using maschine mikro 2), the loops play on for a friction of the whole loop the it stops.

Here is the printscreen below.

If anyone has any solution to fix the problem and could help me, i would much appreciate it.

Thank you

Best Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

It's because you have +Patterns off. (in the bottom of the browser)

Those sounds are actually Sampler Patches of sliced loops, so pressing a Pad will only play the first slice unless you're in Keyboard Mode (and in the right octave). Just turn on +Patterns if you want to load those patches.

BTW: Yes, those patches don't make any sense since they replace a full Group/Kit just to add one Pad.

• D-One

That's why I said it makes no sense that these Groups replace all Pads in the Group to just load 1 Pad. A Group loads all pads, name, etc... They should be Sounds instead, which only replaces 1-Pad. This is probably something that is on the library for a long time and was never fixed; library mistakes like this don't usually get addressed, just accumulate over time, unfortunately.

In terms of organization just do whatever feels comfortable to you, personally, I'd put all perc loops in the same Group but you don't have to.

To work around the library issue you can just load the Groups in a new Group and copy the Pad to the previous one, then delete the extra Group. You can do it with the mouse right click, computer keyboard, or with the hardware Pad shortcuts. (Shift+Pad11/12)

Alternatively, you can save just load Groups and save the Pads - Right-click the Pad name and "Save-As", after that it will show up under USER Browser>Sounds (which is where it should be to begin with in order to not replace the whole Group)

• D-One
    Answer ✓

I tried to copy from one group to a new one, the writing from the pattern and as i can see it worked. There is only one pad lighted up on the MK the others are not turned off. Se the print screen below, is that what you meant from those 2 suggestions you wrote.

Yes, thats looks alright.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

This one comes up quite often so if you don't mind I'm going to just refer you to the thread where I explained it:

• D-One

It's because you have +Patterns off. (in the bottom of the browser)

Those sounds are actually Sampler Patches of sliced loops, so pressing a Pad will only play the first slice unless you're in Keyboard Mode (and in the right octave). Just turn on +Patterns if you want to load those patches.

BTW: Yes, those patches don't make any sense since they replace a full Group/Kit just to add one Pad.

• Filip

Hello,

I tried to turn on the + patterns, and it worked. Thank you very much for the help.

One more thing if i can ask, as i saw when i load one of those loops, the whole name of the group changes to the name of the loop and all the pads light up, as i would load a sound on every pad. Is it possible to use this same group after you load the loop, to use the other pads for other sounds in the same group or messes it up?

Or is it better to leave the group with the loops and make a new group for other sounds?

Thank you

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited January 2023

Well, now I'm super curious! Can you give me an example of an expansion and kit where that happens when you load it? Or one of these sliced loops where that happens?

Edit: now I see! If you search for "perc kit" and you can browse through all of them. What an amazing resource!

• D-One

That's why I said it makes no sense that these Groups replace all Pads in the Group to just load 1 Pad. A Group loads all pads, name, etc... They should be Sounds instead, which only replaces 1-Pad. This is probably something that is on the library for a long time and was never fixed; library mistakes like this don't usually get addressed, just accumulate over time, unfortunately.

In terms of organization just do whatever feels comfortable to you, personally, I'd put all perc loops in the same Group but you don't have to.

To work around the library issue you can just load the Groups in a new Group and copy the Pad to the previous one, then delete the extra Group. You can do it with the mouse right click, computer keyboard, or with the hardware Pad shortcuts. (Shift+Pad11/12)

Alternatively, you can save just load Groups and save the Pads - Right-click the Pad name and "Save-As", after that it will show up under USER Browser>Sounds (which is where it should be to begin with in order to not replace the whole Group)

• Filip

Hello,

Again thank you for the help and explanation. I was confused when i saw that the whole name of the group changed to the name of the loop and all the pads were lightened up.

Just before when i realised / saw those two things i added a loop but from the library " ALL LOOPS ", the icon to the right of the FX icon, this ones work normally. So in the same group, when i changed the loop from the ALL LOOPS library, from ONE SHOT mode to ADSR or AHD, the loop stopped playing, i mean you saw the signal in the top right corner where the icon for the CPU, left of it, where you can adjust the volume, but there was no sound coming. So i do know, if it is something to do with the loop that takes the complete group instead just one pad and messes if you add another sound in the same group ??

I tried to copy from one group to a new one, the writing from the pattern and as i can see it worked. There is only one pad lighted up on the MK the others are not turned off. Se the print screen below, is that what you meant from those 2 suggestions you wrote.

• D-One
    Answer ✓

Yes, thats looks alright.

• Filip

Hello,

i think you probably figured out by now, but yeah those loops under the library GROUPS are the problem or like D-One said there is probably an error on the software. All other loops for now worked fine or as they should when you load them to a pad.