Map multiple parameters to a macro

ssi_karim
ssi_karim Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi there,

I recently bought a Maschine MK3 and am still in the process of learning how this beast works. I really like the macro feature on it, especially how they can be applied to the master, group, and sound levels.

I'm wondering if it's possible to map more than one parameter to a single macro and can't seem to find anything on it online.

Example:

Say I have a project with multiple groups, including a drumkit group and a bass group. Both the drumkit and bass group have a high-pass filter, and I have assigned the cutoff parameters to a group macro. I know I can create two separate master macros and map them to the group macros respectively. But say I'd like to control both cutoff parameters with a single knob (aka group macro), is that possible?

Ideally, I'd like to also assign a min, max, or offset value for each of those group macros, so they are controlled relatively.

Note that I'm trying to achieve this using the Maschine software itself. I know this is possible in combination with a DAW like Ableton, but I'm wondering if Maschine is capable to do this by itself.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

I'm wondering if it's possible to map more than one parameter to a single macro and can't seem to find anything on it online.

No, it's not.

People have been asking since 2012, at least.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/assign-multiple-paramters-to-macro-controls-assign-minimum-maximum-values.183985/

Both the drumkit and bass group have a high-pass filter, and I have assigned the cutoff parameters to a group macro. I know I can create two separate master macros and map them to the group macros respectively. But say I'd like to control both cutoff parameters with a single knob (aka group macro), is that possible?

No. Your only option is to move Bass to the Drum Group.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

No, it's not.

People have been asking since 2012, at least.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/assign-multiple-paramters-to-macro-controls-assign-minimum-maximum-values.183985/

Both the drumkit and bass group have a high-pass filter, and I have assigned the cutoff parameters to a group macro. I know I can create two separate master macros and map them to the group macros respectively. But say I'd like to control both cutoff parameters with a single knob (aka group macro), is that possible?

No. Your only option is to move Bass to the Drum Group.