Export looping information from kontakt instrument?

JustAlex
JustAlex Member Posts: 6 Member

Hello.

There are some nice sounds in kontakt library. I'd like to export it as .wav with all looping information, so I can later import them to my casio MZ-X500. I know that there is an ability to save .wavs from contact and it indeed works, but not always all saved wav files have sustaining loop defined, while instrument, where this sound is used, definitely has such loops, which can be seen in kontakt editor. So is there a way to force save of loop data into wav file, or there is some other way of getting that information from kontakt, so I can add required loop information to .wav file, using 3rd party tools?

Comments

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

To my knowledge there is nothing in the spec of WAV files that designates anything about looping. That's all in the hands of the device playing the WAV.

• JustAlex

You're wrong.

.Wav format supports looping markers, and some .wav files exported from .nki already have them, but some not.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

By 'exported', I think you mean, extracted, lifted, borrowed without permission. 😄

• JustAlex

I don't understand what you mean and by the way, here's what I'm looking for.

For example, on this screenshot, the loop start and end position are shown, but they are not written into .wav file when saving the instrument. So the question is, whenever it is possible to directly save that loop data either into tags in .wav file, or separate, later usable text file, so I don't have to copy by hand all these numbers?

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Except that isn't a .wav file, it's a lossless Kontakt file - .ncw, which I'll assume is wrapped inside the .ncx file package.

• JustAlex

And it can be saved as wav file :)

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

Probably not.

Spitfire doesn't mind you using their samples outside the instrument and NI is probably the same. But since K5, the factory library samples have been locked .

Try >Ext Editor in the Wave Editor. Or if you don't have an audio editor, try saving the instrument with uncompressed samples.

If either of these work (unlikely) - or you have the K4 library - you're in luck.

• JustAlex

I already have samples saved as .wav files. This is not an issue.

I want to export looping information too.

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

Are you going to tell us how?