Maschine Plus Storage Mode Problem

rezikacharava
rezikacharava Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello,

My Maschine Plus has an issue. I’m trying to use it in storage mode and it’s impossible to copy files from the computer to Maschine Plus SD Card, or simply open Maschine Plus SD. In earlier weeks it didn’t have this issue. It’s very hard for the computer to load the SD card fully and after 5 minutes when it is loaded and I’m trying to copy files from Computer to Maschine Plus SD Card, the progress is stuck to the starting point and nothing is changing as shown in the screenshot.

I tried to remove SD Card from Maschine Plus and connected it directly to the laptop and SD Card is working great as it should work. So, something is wrong with Maschine Plus. It has the latest update installed on it. I also tried to connect Maschine Plus to the second laptop and the problem is the same SD Card in Storage mode doesn't work.

The systems I tried are Windows 10 and Windows 11.

I think it started after the Maschine Plus update because at the beginning when I started using Maschine Plus it didn't have this problem in storage mode.

How to fix this Problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

have you tried to reset maschine to default state, as bought. SD card gets not deleted while that process. In this case i would definitely contact native support and open a ticket.

• rezikacharava

Hello,

Sure, I tried to reset Maschine Plus, it is not a solution in my case. I’m also talking with Maschine Plus support, but nothing interesting so far.

Thanks for your response.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited January 2023

Sorry to hear that, i hope you get it solved. have you also tried on another computer and how much space is left on the SD card? There is also a tool called USBDeview, with it you can see all devices that where connected to your computer and you can delete them and the drivers - maybe after cleaning and re plug maschine it works, i mean of course only maschine as storage device!! not the other entries.

• Stephen
    Stephen Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Regarding original post I have exactly the same issue. Stops being recognised after working on any project, although if I create a new project or after initial start up Windows 10 sees it.

• rezikacharava

It’s nightmare to work together with Maschine Plus connected to laptop, too many bugs, now I’m trying to convert from internal Sampler to audio and on Maschine Plus when I’m moving 4D Encoder it doesn’t react it’s stacked, so now I forget about creativity and trying to solve technical problem. This device should work like apple devices are working. It should be as comfortable as possible. So far I’m disappointed with the device, hope native staff will fix all problems on Maschine Plus with updates and make it as comfortable as possible for producers. Also Screen should be touch screen and in the dark Maschine+ logo should glow. Maybe in the next generations they will change these details.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Stephen I see that you contacted our support and that for some reason the issue disappeared. Did the problem show up again.

• Jeremy_NI

@rezikacharava I see that you requested a refund for the device. My colleague forwarded your case to our Order support team, they should get back to you on how to proceed next.

• rezikacharava

Hello Jeremy,

Yes I requested refund for the item, still waiting for the answer for solution and for return ticket I see that ticket is on solved status and didn’t got any communication about my cases, could you contact to the specific team which should solve my problem or tell me time when I will receive instruction to resolve my case.

• Jeremy_NI

@rezikacharava Your ticket is still ongoing and being escalated, my colleagues should get back to you as soon as possible and we'll keep an eye on it.

• tajtaja
    tajtaja Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi

Just for your information that there are other guys to be engaged with the same problem. With Alfredo, we tried some checks unfortunately without success. Hope that NI guys will find soon a solution for that special case. Until then we still have for transferring files sd card ejecting manipulation available.

• COUNTERFEIT
    COUNTERFEIT Member Posts: 2 Member

IMHO, it's a windows or PC problem, not Maschine +... Did you solve it?

• Guix
    Guix Member Posts: 2 Member

I just copy files to the SSD card and opened Maschine+ as standalone. When trying to load a group from the SSD Card i have the message Busy loading for 15 minutes now. What should i do?

• Jeremy_NI

@Guix Maybe creating your own post would be better as your issue seems to be a bit different than the OP. Including more details too, like your operating system, when / where are you getting this "busy loading" message.

• Astralbeats_225
    Astralbeats_225 Member Posts: 42 Helper

This is probably a dead topic but I had a similar issue to OP on Mac os x. I eventually had to reformat the sd card. I think the issue came from not ejecting the SD card properly. I hit the disconnect button on the M+ before I ejected at the computer. Luckily every so often I make a backup of my SD card in case it fails.

After formatting I loaded all my projects and user content then downloaded the expansions through the m+

• Jeremy_NI

@Astralbeats_225 Thanks for sharing this info, it might be useful for other users.