How do I turn of MIDI Local on S88?

Tomas E
Tomas E Member Posts: 80 Member

I'm getting duplicate MIDI notes when recording. The general solution I've found for this issue is to turn off MIDI Local. Cannot find anything about it in the manual. Maybe it's called something else than MIDI Local for this device?

Best Answer

• Tomas E
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Thanks for your reply Reefius! I think you where on the right track.

Meanwhile I've been in contact with the MOTU Support. I needed to activate simultaneous recording on several MIDI tracks, in DP called Multi Record. That way I could choose the right input source. Recording is now working as expected without duplicate MIDI notes.

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

MIDI Local only applies to synths, to switch off the internal connection between the keyboard and the synth engins, so everything goes via MIDI (through your DAW).

The S88 is not a synth, it's only a keyboard so it doesn't need a Local setting.

What are the MIDI settings in your DAW?

• Tomas E
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Thanks for your reply Reefius! I think you where on the right track.

Meanwhile I've been in contact with the MOTU Support. I needed to activate simultaneous recording on several MIDI tracks, in DP called Multi Record. That way I could choose the right input source. Recording is now working as expected without duplicate MIDI notes.