upgrade KKS61 MKII to KKS88 MKII how to transfer

Chewie5150
Chewie5150 Member Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I guess this is my first post around here so hello everyone. Looking for some help as i'm a noob here with the NI ecosystem. I've had my KKS61 mkII for about a year and have missed having a full sized keyboard so today I purchased the KKS88 Mk II. If this question has been answered somewhere already , please direct me! I plan on selling my KKS61 and understand there are some things that need to be done like unregistering the serial etc. With my S61 I had upgraded the stock Komplete 13 select to the Komplete 13. I have added the serial for my new S88 on Native Access. Komplete Kontrol standalone sees the keyboard but i'm not seeing all my instruments that I had before. My goal would be to unregister the S61 and have the new buyer have it as it was when i purchased including the stock "komplete select" that it came with but I'd want to retain the uprgrade path and access all the libraries with new S88. Thanks in advance. I'm looking for the process steps to make this transition.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Look at your NI user account. You should have there registered HW KKS61 and KKS88 and SW K13S for HW, K14S for HW and K13 Upgrade from Select.

If it is so, choose in menu Licence Transfer and ask for transfer of KKS61 HW. Bundled SW will be added automaticelly.

When selling, pass the Licence Transfer Number to the new owner. He will use it to import HW and SW to his account.

• Chewie5150
    edited January 2023

Thanks for the reply. I don't' have a seller lined up yet but would it be advisable to just go ahead and request license transfer now? yes i see all the HW and SW listed as you mentioned...so to be clear when i request the transfer of license it won't attach the K13 Upgrade from select; only what came originally bundled yes?

• Kubrak

Yes you may do it ahead. People ussually do to speedup the sale. Usually it takes few hours to get Transfer Code, but sometimes few days. You may allways cancel the transfer, if decide not to do it at the end.

The both K13S and the K13 Upgrade will stay at your account, buyer gets new KS licence, I guess K14S. And your K14S that came with KKS88 will stay at the account as well.

• Chewie5150

Thanks for the tip. I just initiated the request. Yes that seems to look fairly straightforward. A follow up question and perhaps this will resolve itself once my K61 is unregistered from NI...but when i open up KK standalone. Browse instruments as I normally would, with this new keyboard, it's not showing them all. Instead, I have now have to browse via Files / my storage volume where library is loaded/ find an instrument. Seems once i choose it from that point forward it will then automatically show in the initial browse window under Instruments. Is this normal behavior?

• Kubrak

S61 and S88 should show the same plugins, if you use them on the same computer.

• Chewie5150

right i was just wondering why a number of them aren't showing in the main browser window under Instruments like they used to vs having to manually locate via Files tab. For example, before all my pianos would show in browser window with the icons. Gentleman, Maverick etc. Now i have to find them under Files tab.

• Chewie5150

NI already processed the request this afternoon but I'm a bit confused as to the original Komplete 13 select that came with the keyboard....in my list it shows as 'not transferable' ?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Chewie5150 for issues with your licences, best to get in touch with our support team directly here: https://bit.ly/n1registr

• Kubrak

It is Non Transferable as it is part of the bundle with HW, you cannot transfer just K13S.

Bundled SW (K13S) will be automatically added to licence transfer of HW (KKS61). The new owner most probably receives current version (K14S), not your. K13S will stay at your account.

If not all plugins show up in KK, maybe you need to do plugin scan in it. It should show all plugins.

• Chewie5150

ahh okay that makes a lot of sense thanks.